• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    Ooh... pitchforks and torches would be had by all!

Nice find!

I particularly like how the Indiana-Illinois border was lowered for the free movement of troops as needed.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Wow excellent post. I had no idea anything like this had taken place. And you are right forums now a days would be red hot.

Especially this part after a man was shot by a Federal soldier. "All rifles belonging to the Zouaves here were taken to the school house last night after the shooting, and all other firearms which could be got hold of by the excited citizens were rounded up for the purpose of making a combined attack on the regulars who participated in the shooting of yesterday."

How did you come about finding this? Were you doing research for something?

JR50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Significantly North of Rt. 30
    TopDog,
    Trust me, this wasn't the result of a brilliant search! I was searching for a business in the Hammond area and mysteriously this was one of the results.

Yeah, I read the article and thought about how some of the usual suspects in our forums would react.

Blue Tile, that part about the Indiana-Illinois border bothered me. I could see Ritchie Daley's forces swarming into Indiana. Then there's the Acorn Army.......:cool:

Top Bottom