• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I was unaware that Century Arms built any M14 type rifles?

There have been several U. S. commercial manufacturers who have produced M14 type rifles. Mr. Elmer Ballance of the L.H. Gun Co. in Devine, Texas began producing the M1A ™ in 1971. The U. S. Army Springfield Armory had closed down in 1968. So, the name of his company was changed to Springfield Armory, Inc. The change was a successful marketing strategy. Mr. Ballance built approximately 3000 before selling the company in 1974. In 1974, the last of the Texas M1A (TM) rifles were made at their Radium, Texas address. The new owners of Springfield Armory, Inc. transferred production from Texas to Geneseo, Illinois in late 1974. Springfield Armory, Inc. in Illinois began production of M1A (TM) rifles with a serial number in the 0032XX range. Other U. S. manufacturers include Smith Enterprise (Tempe, AZ), Entreprise Arms (Irwindale, CA), Federal Ordnance (El Monte, CA), Armscorp (Baltimore, MD), A.R. Sales Co. (South El Monte, CA) and Smith, Ltd (Ohio). As of 2002, only Armscorp, Entreprise Arms and Springfield Armory, Inc. are producing M14 type receivers in the United States.

And from M1911.org:
    Federal Ordnance wasn't so much of a manufacturer as they were an assembler. They bought parts in bulk and for the lowest prices they could possibly negotiate and assembled 1911's, M-14's (semi-auto only), and Broomhandle Mauser C-96 pistols. Many parts were surplus military, the M-14 receivers were mostly new castings. Generally speaking, Fed Ord is not particularly highly thought of and does not have the best reputation in the firearms industry. I have seen a couple of their M-14's, a little on the rough side and the photos of their 1911's (never seen one in person) also look a bit rough. Fed Ord ceased "manufacturing" in 1992 and imported firearms until 1998 when they closed their doors for good.

hvacrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Jay County
    I just seen on one sight that century bought and assembled some fed ord guns the serial numers were pre-fixed with a C the perticular one i have is C-0342 im just trying to find a price out on the gun stricking out everywhere

4PWW9

Marksman
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Mishawaka
    How straight does it shoot?
    Century quality has been hit or miss.
    I owned a Fed Ord M14 semi back in the early 90's that was a tack driver.
    Wish I would have kept it.

4PWW9

Marksman
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Mishawaka
    If you want to sell it, I'll buy it.
    But if I was you, I'd shoot it and then decide.
    If you keep it, get a Troy MCS for it.

hvacrguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Jay County
    what would it be woth if i sold it i traded for it and got a hell of a deal thats why i am unaware of its value when you are talking about it not shooting well how bad are you talking?

Top Bottom