• ...and so much more!
  • 04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene

"
    WASHINGTON, D.C. – An audit from the Federal Election Commission accuses Sen. Mike Braun (R-Indiana) of several campaign finance violations.

The draft report, which is not final, alleges numerous errors in funding reports as well as millions in prohibited loans during his 2018 Senate run.

The 57-page report from the FEC alleges more than $8.5 million in “apparent prohibited loans and lines of credit” were given to Sen. Braun’s Senate campaign.

That includes two checks totaling $1.5 million dollars from Meyer Distributing, a company Braun founded and ran before serving in the Senate."

Just picked this up at an Illinois news site, looked and did not see anything posted here. Jim.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    “Corporations cannot give money to political candidates,” said Abdul-Hakim Shabazz, an attorney who also serves as editor and publisher of IndyPolitics.Org. “That’s something that’s been on the law books for quite a while now.”

I did not know that.

His team declined our request for an interview with Sen. Braun, but Kelley sent us a statement, which reads in part: “If you have read the documents that the campaign committee has since provided to the FEC or listened to the recent hearing with the FEC Commissioners, it is clear that the final version of the FEC’s audit report will conclude that all the loans fully complied with the law. Sometimes these FEC audits require time to work themselves out; that has been the case here, and we’re not the least bit concerned about how the process will end.”

I am not understanding the process here. So they do an audit, release it to the person to see the discrepancies/issues, then complete the audit? I don't trust the media to get it right, but that's confusing.

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    I have to wonder if this "investigation" is not essentially related to Braun showing more of a constitutional and anti-regime actions. Odd how this popped up after he proposed nullifying Traitor Joe's Executive Action on vaccine mandates...

THIS!!! 100% this!!! Not surprised to see a smear campaign against any Senator that stands up against the Fed on anything.

Just more reasons to do the right thing when everyone is watching, and when no one is...'what you do in the dark will be brought into the light'. This has got to be the reason good men/women won't run. This "investigation" will likely fizzle out with no rules broken, but the damage to someone's reputation is usually permanent.

People remember the headlines, not the retraction printed months later and buried on the last page.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I did not know that.

I am not understanding the process here. So they do an audit, release it to the person to see the discrepancies/issues, then complete the audit? I don't trust the media to get it right, but that's confusing.

Politics as usual, Braun raised his profile in this covid mandate business, so the hit people were hired. Across the spectrum of time that involves this, the hitters focus on one specific area, sort of like calling a game with the half time scores. Nothing nonfactual, just incomplete.

The big dirty dc machine just gave him a tap on the shoulder.

Last edited:

1gunaholic

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 10, 2021
    Central Indiana

"
    WASHINGTON, D.C. – An audit from the Federal Election Commission accuses Sen. Mike Braun (R-Indiana) of several campaign finance violations.

The draft report, which is not final, alleges numerous errors in funding reports as well as millions in prohibited loans during his 2018 Senate run.

The 57-page report from the FEC alleges more than $8.5 million in “apparent prohibited loans and lines of credit” were given to Sen. Braun’s Senate campaign.

That includes two checks totaling $1.5 million dollars from Meyer Distributing, a company Braun founded and ran before serving in the Senate."

Just picked this up at an Illinois news site, looked and did not see anything posted here. Jim.
    Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. He's a closet Democrat and consummate politician

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    I did not know that.

Cannot contribute directly but can to PACs that can do the same thing. Citizen's United clarified this as free speech.

Top Bottom