• ...and so much more!
  • jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    For the same reason Indianapolis Fire Department needs a hovercraft.

For the same reason Noblesville Police Department has an H1....

Etc....

Clearly the FBI had funds provided by DHS and the felt the need to spend them before the end of the year.[/quote]

The "end of the year" for the feds was 09/30/09. The feds are already in Fiscal Year (FY) 2010.

bulldog

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2009
    Crawfordsville,In
    If I was spending other peoples money I'd take a couple of them myself,especially if they were buying the ammo as well.Really do they need the ballistics test on this or wouldn't it be apperent to these experts?

PatMcGroyne

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Honey Creek
    Anzio 20mm takedown rifle, $6,879. Plus this:

I found the price on BUYMILSURP.COM I'm not a member there yet, so I could not access all the info I might have wanted to access. But there is an interesting Anti-Gun NOTICE at the head of the site login page. Would be of interest to many INGO members I think. Pat.

Bronsonbull

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    just north of Indy
    For the same reason Indianapolis Fire Department needs a hovercraft.

For the same reason Noblesville Police Department has an H1....

Etc....

Clearly the FBI had funds provided by DHS and the felt the need to spend them before the end of the year.

For the same reason Nancy Pelosi now has a 757 to fly her to Washington weekly because she claims her 737 was too small. Oh by the way she's here to help the poor and unfortunate :)

After being corrected by another member, this rumor is indeed false. I was wrong about the 757.

Last edited:

g+16

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    End of the year clerance on money in hand, or will not show up next year, when I was in the Navy aboard the aircraft carrier USS AMERICA CV-66, on our last cruise of the year while at sea, we threw, firearms, computers (they were big back then) new still in grease wrapped tools and new parts for aircraft overboard, when I asked why,I was told to use up this year's budget to buy new ones, It's been happeing forever

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    It may not have started with you, but it continued with you. If people would check their facts before they pass on "facts", we'd be much better off in this country...

A point well taken on fact checking, but examine the facts at hand. Should the Speaker merit a dedicated jet of any kind?

It is such profligate spending at all levels of government -- whether "nickel & diming" us to death with a jet or handing hundreds of billions of dollars to Wall Street cronies -- that make life for all of us more difficult and of lesser quality.

The entire budgetary system of governments at all levels likely burns billions of dollars per year -- all extracted at the point of a gun -- simply to ensure that numbers don't get smaller. Yet some people still think government to be a necessary evil... at least the evil part is right.

scheesman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Indy
    A point well taken on fact checking, but examine the facts at hand. Should the Speaker merit a dedicated jet of any kind?

It is such profligate spending at all levels of government -- whether "nickel & diming" us to death with a jet or handing hundreds of billions of dollars to Wall Street cronies -- that make life for all of us more difficult and of lesser quality.

The entire budgetary system of governments at all levels likely burns billions of dollars per year -- all extracted at the point of a gun -- simply to ensure that numbers don't get smaller. Yet some people still think government to be a necessary evil... at least the evil part is right.
    The speaker is 3rd in line for the Presidency. That's the only reason the speaker has had a plane for decades. Republican or Democrat, it hasn't changed. :)

Bronsonbull

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    just north of Indy
    It may not have started with you, but it continued with you. If people would check their facts before they pass on "facts", we'd be much better off in this country...

Uhhh, you might want to defend Nancy Pelosi in your other forums because you are probably not going to have too many fans on this one. Yes, I agree I was wrong, but our country would be much better off without politicians like Nancy Pelosi.

scheesman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Indy
    Uhhh, you might want to defend Nancy Pelosi in your other forums because you are probably not going to have too many fans on this one. Yes, I agree I was wrong, but our country would be much better off without politicians like Nancy Pelosi.
    Funny... I didn't turn this political. You can think what you want, and I'll think what I want. I mean, we wouldn't want to start analyzing Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachman, now would we?

Now who's up for a group buy on that 20mm? :):

Bronsonbull

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    just north of Indy
    Man, this is great. Are you really a gun owner sheesman or an Obama administration forum spy. Shouldn't you be on Glenn Beck's blog monitoring those threads? :)

Okay no more thread hijack. Just confused why you seemingly support someone like Pelosi that is a major threat to our 2nd ammendment. You know this is a gun owners forum and not the "save the white crested field mouse forum" right?

scheesman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Indy
    Man, this is great. Are you really a gun owner sheesman or an Obama administration forum spy. Shouldn't you be on Glenn Beck's blog monitoring those threads? :)

Okay no more thread hijack. Just confused why you seemingly support someone like Pelosi that is a major threat to our 2nd ammendment. You know this is a gun owners forum and not the "save the white crested field mouse forum" right?
    I try not to judge someone completely for one personal position they have. You should try it some time. It's obvious you make a habit of judging others based on single positions. And I'll admit I'm probably one of the most liberal members on this board. So what? Do you want to hate me for that? I'm here because I enjoy guns and I've met some great people from here in the last few months. My political leaning means nothing regarding that. That's not what defines me. But you are clearly trying to define me by that. Shame for you. I'm a really nice guy.

So are you in on the group buy or not?

Bronsonbull

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    just north of Indy
    I try not to judge someone completely for one personal position they have. You should try it some time. It's obvious you make a habit of judging others based on single positions. And I'll admit I'm probably one of the most liberal members on this board. So what? Do you want to hate me for that? I'm here because I enjoy guns and I've met some great people from here in the last few months. My political leaning means nothing regarding that. That's not what defines me. But you are clearly trying to define me by that. Shame for you. I'm a really nice guy.

Honestly, I was just caught off guard because I never in my life would have imagined to enter into a 20mm ammo group buy with a Nancy Pelosi loving liberal.

With that said, it is time to start judging people in this country. The guys that founded this country are all rolling over in their graves as we continue to move away from the ideals and values they founded it on.

To each his own. Its probably good to have you here because you'll keep us honest and some day we'll be in the ration lines together.

Bronsonbull

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    just north of Indy

Btw...Hell yes I'm judging you. You are a self proclaimed liberal and Nancy Pelosi supporter. That's not just "one position" that I'm judging you. And I haven't made a habit of judging people. Its just you because Nancy Pelosi's views are almost the exact opposite of mine in every facet of life. I still can't believe that you love guns. So if the govt asks you to turn yours in will you? Okay, that's my last comment. I don't hate you but I may hate your political views. Okay that's actually my last comment.

Last edited:

scheesman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Indy
    Btw...Hell yes I'm judging you. You are a self proclaimed liberal and Nancy Pelosi support. That's not just "one position" that I'm judging you. And I haven't made a habit of judging people. Its just you because Nancy Pelosi's views are almost the exact opposite of mine in every facet of life. I still can't believe that you love guns. So if the govt asks you to turn yours in will you? Okay, that's my last comment. I don't hate you but I may hate your political views. Okay that's actually my last comment.
    First, I never "supported" Nancy Pelosi. All I did was support the facts, which you didn't seem to give a crap about. And second, yes, I'm liberal. Get over it. I believe in a lot of liberal points. I bet you do too, although you probably would never admit it. Anyways, I've tried several times to get this back on OT. I'm done...

Top Bottom