• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nate Suns

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    Fishers
    With semi-autos its got to be the first time I put the slide back on and cock it after the first cleaning. Something about the feel and the sound being a little different with each gun.

Pyriel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Carmel
    Playing mall ninja with it, I deck myself out in full tactical gear and sneak around the house giving it the full run through. Gotta make sure that it's intimately familiar with it's new home. When I come across a mirror I stop and stare at it for 20 minutes or so thinking about how much of a bada$$ the gun makes me look, and how much skill and knowledge I've obtained by making my new purchase as well as playing Call of Duty.....

Or I just sit back and take it down for the first time, reassemble and pop in some snap caps to get some dry fire in while at my desk watching people shoot it on YouTube. Yeah lets go with that as my favorite part, aside from the obvious shooting portion.

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Playing mall ninja with it, I deck myself out in full tactical gear and sneak around the house giving it the full run through. Gotta make sure that it's intimately familiar with it's new home. When I come across a mirror I stop and stare at it for 20 minutes or so thinking about how much of a bada$$ the gun makes me look....

I thought I was the only one that did this. Oh wait, you said full tactical gear. I wear my GI Joe pajamas when playing mall ninja.

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    I was going to say the first time taking it apart, but i see many agree with me...its as if the obvious (first time shooting it) is somehow second to creating a mental image of whats going on in there when you shoot it.

BudS

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    Jeffersonville, IN
    What's a manual? Ha ha. I don't think Ive ever cracked one open to be honest. I like to strip it down and lube it up first thing. I think the most exciting thing for me is just finding the one I want. The actual purchase is sort of anti-climatic after that.

Real me don't need no stinkin' directions!

Actually, I enjoy unboxing, dissassembly, full inspection, and reassembly. I want to know my new baby, inside and out!

Spanky46151

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Martinsville
    Tearing it apart! I'm like a methhead super-tweaker when I bring a new gun home. I can't sleep until I've disassembled it completely. Don't ask me why, no idea. It has bitten me in the butt on a few occasions, too. More than once, I've shown up at my gunsmith's doorstep with a brown paper bag of gun parts...lol!

Titanium Man

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    Indy---USA
    Getting the VISA bill the next month and paying it off, permanently securing the knowledge it is truly mine. Just a little quirk of mine.

I also make it a ritual to sit down, and systematically log everything about my new addition with the rest of the "family" on my "list", and then and only then, is it officially part of our "family".

Then......let the shooting begin! :D

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Bang.... go down range, measure, write the inches down on my hand, convert inches to minutes on the walk back up range, unscrew the cap, convert minutes to clicks, click click click, click, click, click, click. put the cap back on.
    Bang.... I called the shot low, I rushed, I jerked the trigger, I forced the shot. I get mad at myself because I know better. I get over it and find my npoa, verify my npoa, shift, verify, I'm there, everything else fades, breathe in, breathe out, squeeeeeeze
    Bang....Ping
    Bang....Ping
    Bang....Ping
    Bang....Ping
    Bang....Ping
    Bang....Ping
    Bang....Ping
    Bang....Ping
    Bang....Ping
    Bang....Ping
    Bang....Ping
    Bang....Ping
    Bang....Ping
    Bang....Ping
    Bang....Ping
    Bang....Ping
    Bang....Ping
    Bang....Ping
    Bang....Ping
    Bang....Ping
    Bang....Ping
    Bang....Ping
    Bang....Ping
    Bang....Ping
    Bang....Ping
    Bang....Ping
    Bang....Ping
    Bang....Ping

Lerious

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2013
    I love Field stripping and reassembling for the first time. and just staring at it and holding it.

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    Moments like last friday when I walked in with a new Mossberg Mariner that I got at Indiana Self Defense and the wife says you got another shotgun !?

And I'm like O:poop:

I look her dead in the eye and say no honey you got a new shotgun

And the look on her face. Priceless !

But I'm sure Ill use it more than her :rolleyes: :D

Top Bottom