• ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I have a couple of "issues" that make my choices somewhat limited, depending on the day.
    I work general construction. From day to day, it's hard to tell what working conditions will be in store.
    I may be replacing a kitchen sink, or could be drywall work. It might be running wire for a new light, or adding a concrete sidewalk.

I could be inside, maybe outside. In an attic or crawl space.
    I've been paid to plant flowers in the garden, hang pictures on the wall. I've even been paid to shoot holes in a warehouse ceiling.
    I might get wet, or dusty, or covered in insulation...been there, done that.

Since I don't know what conditions I may be faced with, and the fact that I sweat profusely in hot weather, I tend to choose revolvers, and ones that are especially resistant to rust.

Lately it's been a titanium Taurus model 445 in .44special.
    I carry a couple of speed loaders just in case.
    I also have a titanium Taurus model 605 in .357magnum that can get carried at times. I also carry speed loaders with the .357.

It's hard telling what I might be carrying when not whoring.

FTFY.

MarkC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    If you carry a talisman that is fine.

If you use a single platform with a variety of models that are all the same controls and grip that is fine.

If you are totally proficient with every pistol that you carry that is also fine.

If none of the above are applicable, please stick to the gun that you are most familiar and proficient with.

^^^^^^ This right here.

Since my retirement from LE I've stayed consistently with 1911-style pistols. My EDC is a Sig P938, which replaced a Colt Mustang +2 (I know, .380 simply isn't enough!). I'm authorized and now it is expected that I will carry at work, but with utmost emphasis on concealability and discretion.

When the situation permits, I carry a Colt Government Model. THAT should be big enough for the "not enough firepower" naysayers!:):

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Used to be my G27 gen 3. That has since changed to my shield 9. Sometimes I will carry my sw bg 38.. Just depends.

My bob has my g17 ready to go.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Just to be clear, Cedartop, I read your post as pure purple, my post was not directed at you.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Mon-Fri in the office my handgun is pretty much a tailisman. Getting the shirt untucked to draw the gun is a pain, but faster then a pocket if seated. Maybe??? Well at least it frees up my pocket. CEO is cool with guns but expects us to follow dress code.

While I agree with the one platform rule, I really don’t have a problem switching from a 1911 to the Walther.

I get that there are going to be some sacrifices made and that we cant be completely consistent, for reasons. Sometimes I actually carry a G43 AIWB instead of a G19 AIWB. Every so often I get really wild and make it OWB. For people who carry in the manner I referenced in my satire post though, no, don't do that. You are unsafe to yourself and others around you. It is pretty clear if you are carrying that way this is a game to you and not life and death.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I get that there are going to be some sacrifices made and that we cant be completely consistent, for reasons. Sometimes I actually carry a G43 AIWB instead of a G19 AIWB. Every so often I get really wild and make it OWB. For people who carry in the manner I referenced in my satire post though, no, don't do that. You are unsafe to yourself and others around you. It is pretty clear if you are carrying that way this is a game to you and not life and death.

Agreed, I'm a big proponent of single platform or at least single mode of operation and carrying as closely to the same way, position, etc all the time.

For me it is always striker fired (had been always Glock until very recently), no thumb safety (no issues with it, if people want to have one, just carry it, train with it and use it all the time if you do so), and I always carry IWB, same position, and I have the same make and model of holster fitted for the guns. Just the easiest way for me to be the most proficient.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Changing things up this year.

IMG_3877-M.jpg

rickyblaze

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    Diamondback DB9, they sometimes don't get a good rep but mine had been flawless. It shoots where I hold it and a small package I can take anywhere. I mainly use an Old Faithful IWB but also use a Sticky Holster

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

RND

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2014
    Westfield
    EDC...

Every Day Carry.

If you are “rotating” or “mixing it up” or changing it up based on the days outfit, you don’t have an EDC.

My EDC is, as it has been for several years, a full-size M&P9. If I carry a BUG, it is usually a RAMI-P, but I do not EDC a bug.
    FINALLY, someone else that knows the true definition of EDC. Same sidearm, same place, EVERYDAY. BRAVO.
    [FONT=&amp][FONT=.SFUIText-BoldItalic]Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

A
    [/FONT][/FONT]

Last edited:

rimfireOH

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 14, 2017
    Easterly
    My EDC is a Walther PPQ M2 and an extra mag. If I carry a BUG, it's a S&W 9mm Shield with an Apex trigger (to more closely match the PPQ) and an extra mag.

Trebor657

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 1, 2017
    Fort wayne
    Springfield XD Subcompact Mod2 9mm for about 6 months now....Haven't found anything I like any better...13+1 and 16+1 extended mag, short trigger reset, fiber optic front sight...whats not to like..

Skywired

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 14, 2010
    Cicero
    Favorite EDC- 2018 Edition

OK, where are all you NAA .22 Mag fans? I know you're out there. Hiding in the closet? afraid to admit you're afraid of the recoil?

My EDC is a Springfield XDs in .45 ACP. Before that it was a G26

Last edited:

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    My EDC hasn't evolved much at all since AllenM replaced all the internals on my Kimber Pro TLE II. Except for the frame, slide, and barrel, just about everything else is Wilson Combat parts. The modifications were actually an enhanced repair job that Allen did for me after I dropped my Kimber on my concrete driveway. I love this piece. I feel very comfortable with it, and it is very reliable.

DSC04734_zpsfb5cbc39.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My EDC hasn't evolved much at all since AllenM replaced all the internals on my Kimber Pro TLE II. Except for the frame, slide, and barrel, just about everything else is Wilson Combat parts. The modifications were actually an enhanced repair job that Allen did for me after I dropped my Kimber on my concrete driveway. I love this piece. I feel very comfortable with it, and it is very reliable.

DSC04734_zpsfb5cbc39.jpg

Expect no less from Allen

crmiller84

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2012
    Brazil
    OK, where are all you NAA .22 Mag fans? I know you're out there. Hiding in the closet? afraid to admit you're afraid of the recoil?

My EDC is a Springfield XDs in .45 ACP. Before that it was a G26
    Actually came in to post this. NAA Pug is my true EDC. If you see me, assuming we are outside of my workplace or a courthouse/police station, it is in my front right pocket in my own holster with 5 spare rounds.

Don't care what anyone wants to say or any arguments against it. It is a force multiplier, and it is always on me, even running.

Now, I also carry a G23 or an SP101 w/ 3" barrel, depending on situation. But the Pug is never away from me.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Willphill12
    Top Bottom