• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Previous threads have mentioned an outfit you can use to speed up an application for LTCH. Mine expires pretty soon and I have to do it all again. This time I'm going for the Lifetime. Anyway, the last time it took 4 months! I tried the search for previous threads but I guess my headings didn't score a match. Anybody up to date on this? I'm in Indy. Thanks.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    If you're applying in Indianapolis, you'll have to go through L-1, because IMPD no longer does prints for the ISP portion of your application. There should be a link from the state web site. The process is relatively painless if you have your ducks in a row (application filled out online, money orders properly filled out, etc.) You make an appointment with L-1 for fingerprinting after you've filled out the "paperwork"; it takes about 10 minutes to get printed; then you go downtown to the 1st floor IMPD wing of the City County Building. There they will check your online "paperwork" and print you for your local check, which should be done in a few minutes. After that, you're waiting for the ISP to do their part. After many false starts (from misunderstanding the instructions) it took less than a week to get my renewal.

Look at the sticky in the Concealed Carry Forum for more accurate information.

Last edited:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Just to avoid confusion, "L-1 Solutions" is now called "Morphotrust" and most (if not all) counties require electronic fingerprinting through them now. As I stated, at the end of the application in the link I posted, you will be able to select your Morphotrust printing location and schedule your appointment. You pay the state fee online through them. The local fee still has to be taken to your local PD with the receipt from the electronic printing. Call ahead and ask, because depending on your local PD, some only accept cash and others only accept money orders.

Top Bottom