• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Do our supporters carry them? Where to buy locally? What are your comments about the use of one.

I think I want one, but I want your input before I do.

Thanks INGO.

right winger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 31, 2008
    Hymera
    Do our supporters carry them? Where to buy locally? What are your comments about the use of one.

Thanks INGO.

I have one but due to back surgery I can not wear it.
    It holds a medium to large frame auto or revolver.
    It will fit up to a 50" waist. If you would like it pm me.
    I will sell it for $10.00

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.

Thanks INGO.

Well..... back when they were still in style (a lot of non-gunners wearing them) I wore one too. Mine was a high-quality model made by Galco, or one of the other premier holster makers. It was a combination Velcro and zipper model with a rip-cord. I loved it!!! I could carry my S&W 5906 (dept. carry) in total comfort and still have room for pepper spray, wallet, keys, & etc..

Now???....... IMHO I think they would stick-out like a sore thumb. If they didn't I would still use one!!!! :rockwoot:
    :cheers:

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I had a nice black leather Galco. Key word is "had". I "loaned" to my ISP Sargent brother-in-law, about 12 years ago. He won't give it back. He carries it off duty every where he goes to this day. He does not wear the pack, only carries it like a purse. The Sissy. Of course, I'd never tell him that to his face. LOL

Most everyone I know has told me, it is a give-away that you are carring. However, as "mans purse" it must still work. I guess they'll leave you alone if think you'll grab them and kiss them to death. LOL

Bubbajms

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Delphi, IN
    I work in an area that is frequented by Purdue University Police and West Lafayette Police (among many others). I know a good deal of them, and the majority carry concealed and it's generally hard to tell. Offhand I can think of one that was extremely obvious, and he was very new to the concept.

Today, I had a gentleman come in wearing a fanny pack. With 5.11 pants. I gave him the quick glance while my coworker helped him, so he knew that I knew what was going on. My coworker is blind to people, and couldn't tell a man from a woman most of the time, so he didn't notice. Well, he didn't notice until the fellow tried to get his wallet from the pack and accidentally spewed an old single-action automatic and two mags out onto the floor.. everybody in the store froze! Luckly there weren't any other customers to see this bozo..

If you're going to wear a fanny pack, people will give you odd looks. I'd rather open carry, personally. But if you're gonna do it, get a good one!!

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I know it is not designed for a gun, but a regular, Walmart Columbia (or whatever they have) special is always useful. With my small SHTF side bag (that looks like a camera bag, until you open it! :D), I have two small fanny packs. They make GREAT low-key "bandolieers". My short term pack is all about low key, low agression posture stuff. Many people would probably have a super pant, while I will stay with a good (good being the key) set of khakis or even good blue jeans (not tactical, but good for appearance to public). These "bandos" can hold a whole mess (I got about 200 rounds strippered and a few spoons) of ammo or a couple AR mags (2-3, depending on how easily accessible I want them, my sidebag has easily accessable mag puches).

Now, my full SHTF "expeditionary" pack is the exact reverse :D. But fannies still come into that, as they are excellant "add on bags" or cheap, VERY DURABLE and easily accessed bandos.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    A Camera Bag. Great Idea. Thank you so much Disposable Heart. You are a true comtributer to the INGO. I have a nice small National Geographic Camera Bag that will work just fine. Side pockes for my Mags to boot. I'd kiss you if you were not married and your Husbands name wasn't Dead Eye Pete. Just teasing.

Thanks all.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    I have two, both Galco's, they are in the basement somewhere. My wife teased me so much years ago I retired them. Just like the thunderwear holster she gave me for my birthday.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    the fanny pack screams gun...to gun people. most will just think you out of style. the fanny pack is still a viable carry option.

Top Bottom