Experience with a K-Mart All Pro 3-9x32?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    One of these scopes is on a rifle I recently acquired. I am looking for any information about it, but so far, google.com just sends me links for this:

https://www.ebay.ca/sch/items/?_nkw..._mPrRngCbx=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_sop=12&rmvSB=true

I am concerned about the life expectancy of the scope and considering if I need to replace it. I used it on a recent boar hunt in Oklahoma, but had some trouble sighting it in on the range. Despite that trouble, it did take a boar for me at >60 yards in early morning light.

I am a believer in "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." However, I do not want to have it fail at a critical moment. Any information you have will be appreciated.

I know it is old, but so is my 336. Both date to the 1970s.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    It's probably going to be difficult to figure out who actually built that scope for K-Mart. My advice is worth exactly what you're paying for it, but I would put something else on top of it. Especially if you are planning to take game with it. I live love to hunt, and believe an animal deserves the fastest most humane death you can give it. Plus, hunting trips are expensive, and if you're in the same boat as me, you're time off from work is even more precious. Why gamble on questionable equipment?

Optics have really improved over the years. And if you are the type to set your zero, cap the turrets, and use Kentucky Windage, you won't need to spend very much in order to see a remarkable improvement from what you are currently using. I'd give Allen a call (AA Optics, INGO site sponsor) and I am sure he can get you taken care of within your budget.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Thanks, Tradertator. Your comments mirror my thinking. You are probably accurate on your assessment. I tend to be hasty on these things, so I am trying to do my due diligence before acting this time.

bstewrat3

Master
    Rating - 100%
    142   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Beech Grove
    They are good for a plinking gun, but like people have already said, don't trust it on game. They were a bargain scope when they came out and years of use probably hasn't done them any favors. I just gave away a 4x version a couple weeks ago because I could not in bring myself to let some one pay for it.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    That is a huge improvement over what you had, I'm sure you are going to love it. My old man has used the exact same scope on his sporterized 03A3 hunting rifle for many years, and it has served him well.

Top Bottom