• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blamecharles

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2011
    South side of Indian
    Before picture, they were not that dirty but I had to try it out!

img9254r.jpg

You wont have problems finding that brass. Nice job, now i have two needs for an old treadmill.

77broncoman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Martinsville, IN
    Recycling a treadmill in an awesome idea. I have a 10 year old ProForm treadmill that has been listed on Craigslist for $100 for a couple weeks. No interest yet, so may have to cut it down into a brass tumbler. Glad I stumbled across this.

romack991

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    I had a junk treadmill that wasn't worth anything taking up space in my basement so I thought I would try out wet tumbling as well. The only bad part about using a treadmill is that it's a DC motor so you have a lot of other electronics required to run it instead of just a cord like the homemade AC ones. I don't think I'll have any $ in the tumbler. Just cutting and reusing the frame and bolts. So only cost will be the PVC barrel and the SS media. Here's my progress so far.

img20121230201843.jpg

BEANC0UNTER

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    There was a lot of extra wiring. I removed the elevation motor and left everything else just to make it easy. Looks like you are getting there.

Hosted

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Albion
    Where did you get your pins? I have one of harbor freight's little rotary tumblers that I want to start doing this with and need to just break down and buy some pins.

Top Bottom