Executive Order to ban private arms from military Personnel?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Camp Attebury bans personal firearms .....

On an unrelated note....

I was just down at Atterbury yesterday afternoon and got an impromptu tour of the base. Mostly just the main area up by the front. However, they now have signs up that say NO Firearms AND NO Cameras. :dunno:

dudish

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2010
    When I separated this winter, this is what I was told was coming down shortly on FT Benning. As of then, weapons only were kept in the company arms room if you were a single soldier living in the barracks. On post housing weapons only need be registered, off post no army officials knew or cared. I do know there was a lot of push back with the new restrictions pending.

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    On an unrelated note....

I was just down at Atterbury yesterday afternoon and got an impromptu tour of the base. Mostly just the main area up by the front. However, they now have signs up that say NO Firearms AND NO Cameras. :dunno:

Not trying to call you out but them signs aren't anything new at all. Those signs have been up since I started working there in April 2005 and according to the dated order by then Post Commander Col. Barry Richmond, its been that way since at least October 1, 2000. They've gotten clipped by a semi a couple times trying to make into the gate but they've been there. Ive re-hung them myself on occasion. And Ive seen first hand that when security is conducting vehicle inspections, if any personal firearms are found, the individual must take them off post immediately and upon re-entry that person is inspected again to ensure complicence. Edinburgh PD sometimes will let soldiers that dont live with in driving distance store them in their arms room at the station. Unfortunately the post has at this time no system in place to allow the soldier to check the weapons in with the MPs as some active duty posts do.

Also, all National Guard Armories in the state of Indiana ban personal firearms from the property as well. Most dont have signs outside but some of those have it posted somewhere in the armory for soldiers to be aware of, all 5 of the armories that I served in while in the guard had it posted somewhere on grounds.

So what Im trying to say is that this policy is really nothing new in terms of bringing weapons onto military reservations.:patriot::ingo:

Top Bottom