• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I'm set to go visit an old friend down in Evansville Sunday-Wednesday. Is there anyplace good to go shooting there with some .22's and pistols. More importantly, any good place to buy guns? He wants to get one, and he has no idea where to go that won't rip him off. Any suggestions would be great, thanks.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Local indoor range is Strickly Shooting, a good place to buy is Rajo's on Franklin Street, just off the Lloyd on the West Side. If you need someone to go to Redbrush with I am a member there (its a private range in Newburgh). Good luck, have fun in the Ville

Kingrat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Evansville
    I'm set to go visit an old friend down in Evansville Sunday-Wednesday. Is there anyplace good to go shooting there with some .22's and pistols. More importantly, any good place to buy guns? He wants to get one, and he has no idea where to go that won't rip him off. Any suggestions would be great, thanks.

red brush is really nice, but you need a membership to go or you need a member to go with you, the only public range i can think of is strictly shooting and i dont particularly like it

as far as gun stores, what kind of stuff is he looking for? does he know what kind of gun he wants? you can rent some at strictly to try a few things if he doesnt, i cant really think of any local places that are complete ripoffs besides gander mountain on some things, but i like buck and jakes and red ghost for my needs

edit: i havent done much with rajos but ive been there and the guy seems nice enough, he has a bit more reloading stuff than other places

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    He is looking for something like a J Frame or another small revolver. But he also wants to get a shotgun for home defense.

Kingrat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Evansville
    He is looking for something like a J Frame or another small revolver. But he also wants to get a shotgun for home defense.

i know red ghost usually has some j-frames, air weights, steel frame and ruger lcr etc, etc, but for shotguns i would probably go to rajos, buck and jakes, or *gasp* gander mountain for a wider selection

he just needs to do some shopping around and make sure he gets it in 357mag so he can run 38spl in it for training with lower recoil

i wouldnt carry one outside of the roll of concealed carry, harder to shoot id rather have a longer barrel and sight radius, and some extra weight

rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    Take the drive down to Whitakers. They have an Indiana FFL that goes down every Sunday and picks up handguns, IIRC its a $10 transfer. They handle the paper work there.

Strictly is the only public range that I know of. It is indoor and pistol caliber, rimfire, or shotguns only.

Eric86

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2011
    Princeton, Indiana
    Sugar Ridge in Winslow is 100% public outdoor range with 25-200 yard areas. Its a bit of a drive from Evansville but I know quite a few people make the drive.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Make the drive down to Whittakers if your looking to make a purchase, its well worth a little extra in gas.

Take the drive down to Whitakers. They have an Indiana FFL that goes down every Sunday and picks up handguns, IIRC its a $10 transfer. They handle the paper work there.

Strictly is the only public range that I know of. It is indoor and pistol caliber, rimfire, or shotguns only.

^^^^^

Whittaker(no "s" fellas) is THE gun mecca of the tri-state...DEFINITELY worth the extra gas.

Jim now charges $15.00 for transfers.

BTW, I'd much rather Darryl(the tiny fella that owns Whittaker) get the money, but Gander in Evansville honors Whittaker's prices...I'd never shop there, but I figured I'd throw that out.

Top Bottom