• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    my x-wife took a criminology class at ivytech tought by the last assistant police chief of evansville (Before the current asst chief), he told the class, that he teaches officers to pull over ANYBODY that waves at them!

In other words he teaches them to take someone who starts out acting FRIENDLY toward LEOs and make them forever HOSTILE toward LEOs.

:rolleyes:

Talk about no clue...

rgrimm01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Sullivan County, IN
    Absolutely shameful. I wave or nod at LE frequently if for no other reason than to acknowledge their existence. I would think the practice of pulling people over merely for waving would reinforce the "us vs them" mentality.

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    Glad I left Evansville. Most days.

I miss the Red Bridge and the riverfront back when it was worth going to.

So many memories in that town.
    Lived here all my life (55 years). No idea what the "Red Bridge" is.

As for the OP, I wonder what the problem is with EPD. Is is a hiring issue? Training? Billy needs to make some changes. Fast...

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Lived here all my life (55 years). No idea what the "Red Bridge" is.

As for the OP, I wonder what the problem is with EPD. Is is a hiring issue? Training? Billy needs to make some changes. Fast...

It's the "Joan Marchand" Bridge down by the riverfront near the railroad on Ohio street. It's where Pigeon Creek empties into the Ohio.

I simply don't care who "Joan" was or what she did, even after reading the stupid placard they put up, and thus refer to it by the shockingly candy apple red paint job it has, thus: "Red Bridge"

I don't particularly care what a public servant has done, I'm very sick of public works projects being named after people.

It's along the greenway and very quiet and peaceful - or used to be. Hardly anyone except maybe a few fisherman of a weekend night. Hardly a zombie or cop or working stiff in sight. It was wonderful to just head down there and to relax some.

As for EPD, they seem to be preoccupied flash-banging the wrong houses with their no-knocks lately.

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    It's the "Joan Marchand" Bridge down by the riverfront near the railroad on Ohio street. It's where Pigeon Creek empties into the Ohio.

I simply don't care who "Joan" was or what she did, even after reading the stupid placard they put up, and thus refer to it by the shockingly candy apple red paint job it has, thus: "Red Bridge"

I don't particularly care what a public servant has done, I'm very sick of public works projects being named after people.

It's along the greenway and very quiet and peaceful - or used to be. Hardly anyone except maybe a few fisherman of a weekend night. Hardly a zombie or cop or working stiff in sight. It was wonderful to just head down there and to relax some.

As for EPD, they seem to be preoccupied flash-banging the wrong houses with their no-knocks lately.

I honestly didn't know that. I know the bridge, just didn't know it as that. Shows you how much attention I pay. Haven't been across that bridge in years. I'm an east-sider/Newburher. EPD has really gone down hill.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    i dont remember exactly why he said that, and i dont talk to my x wife, but i think it had something to do with trying to throw them(the officer) "offguard"

Brilliant Strategy! If I ever decide to engage in an illegal activity I'm going to wave at every cop I see.

Wait a minute. . .. . . . . .

Never mind!!

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Yet one more reason people have issues with the police. What I don't understand is why don't the competent officers set the errant ones straight?

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    This time they went after a firefighter who just waved at them. Maybe officer eagle eyes thought he flipped him off? Sorry, that's not against the law, either. Of course his attitude changed a bit when they found out he was a government employee, like himself. Face it, this was just another instance of profiling and jacking up someone because they could. I guess waving is a crime in Evansville. Just like watching TV and having your front door open.

UPDATE: Firefighter says he waved at police and was handcuffed and threatened | PDF » Evansville Courier & Press

What a well spoken citizen! I hope he sets the example on how to handle this type of situation, and that the officers learn from the situation.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Yea sure this got got slammed for waving at the cops. Yea sure that was all there was to it. And you guys are really believing that? There is way more to this than the article...bet on it.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Given past behaviour of the people in the profession and that department in particular I am reasonably sure we have heard all of the story. Sometimes what we hear is all of the story and there's no need to hear the lies coming from the liars.

Top Bottom