• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino400

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Delaware County
    I am working on doing a Euro mount of my buck I shot earlier this year during gun season. Here is a picture I took after boiling the skull and stripping all the stuff off of it.
    1260842653.jpg

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    It's always taken me a few tries to get all the oils out, but when they are bleached and sealed, they look great. Congratulations, great buck!!

I am working on doing a Euro mount of my buck I shot earlier this year during gun season. Here is a picture I took after boiling the skull and stripping all the stuff off of it.
    1260842653.jpg

Indybeer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Danville
    I used Hydrogen peroxide (easier on the skull than bleach) to whiten my euro mount....took 6 qts...picked them up at CVS for less than $2 a bottle. Just make sure to keep the antlers out of the peroxide otherwise it will whiten them too.

My avatar is the one I did.

Indybeer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Danville
    It's always taken me a few tries to get all the oils out, but when they are bleached and sealed, they look great. Congratulations, great buck!!

I used Dawn dish soap in my simmer/boil....it keeps the skull from absorbing the oils that come out during the cooking. Smells really bad at the time but really works.

Top Bottom