Eric Holcomb pushing for refugee resettlement in Indiana?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    This is objectively false.

A perfunctory review of the Federal HHS website reveals the following (this only refers to Federal services):

"...From the date of arrival, the Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) at HHS provides short-term cash and medical assistance to new arrivals, as well as case management services, English as a Foreign Language classes, and job readiness and employment services – all designed to facilitate refugees’ successful transition in the U.S., and help them to attain self-sufficiency..."

"...ORR supports additional programs to serve all eligible populations beyond the first eight months post-arrival, including micro-enterprise development, ethnic community self help, agricultural partnerships, and services for survivors of torture..."

"...ORR provides funding and services to states, resettlement agencies and many non-profit community based entities to facilitate the resettlement of newly arriving refugees..."
    Most of that money is from grants, not the general fund.
    If that’s the case, why do they need help obtaining public aid?

https://www.wthr.com/article/burmese-refugees-want-help-getting-aid

Most of the time is discounted school meals, books, internet (required for e learning). They live in relative squalor and their little bit of aid money is managed for them.

Im confused are we not doing enough to assimilate refugees or should we not be spending any money on refugees?
    Lol... Maybe we should just let them suffer in communist prison camps. It's their fault for not being natural born Americans.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Most of that money is from grants, not the general fund.

Most of the time is discounted school meals, books, internet (required for e learning). They live in relative squalor and their little bit of aid money is managed for them.

Lol... Maybe we should just let them suffer in communist prison camps. It's their fault for not being natural born Americans.
    Well as a natural born US citizen, it’s not my fault, nor my responsibility, to pay for them to come halfway across the world to live here either?

And now its NO public assistance, to what little bit they get?

Where do government grants come from? General fund or not, it’s still public ****ing money?

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Well as a natural born US citizen, it’s not my fault, nor my responsibility, to pay for them to come halfway across the world to live here either?

The UN funds resettle and vet them. As a natural born free human i believe it to be my responsibility to aid in the freeing of all humanity.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    And now its NO public assistance, to what little bit they get?

Where do government grants come from? General fund or not, it’s still public ****ing money?

No most of the time is not public money, it's money distributed by the gov from a fund set up by donations. It's all very very specific and transparent.

And America has decided on a base standard of living and education for people living here under duress or otherwise. Providing a kid internet and food for school is as basic as it gets.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    The UN funds resettle and vet them. As a natural born free human i believe it to be my responsibility to aid in the freeing of all humanity.
    Then boogie on over as a volunteer in THEIR country and free them, just don’t bring them here to get millions in No public assistance.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Then boogie on over as a volunteer in THEIR country and free them, just don’t bring them here to get millions in No public assistance.

Well I can't find a single American politician willing to wage a war for freedom that doesn't involve oil or poppy fields... Hong Kong begging for some freedom fighters, but we're more interested in that new oil find under Iran...

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Immigration costs are in the Hundreds of Billions of dollars each year. That is Hundreds of Billions of dollars!

This no tax money crap is lies, lies and more lies!

We have to feed them, house them, give them free schooling, free defense lawyers, free jail cells, etc., etc., etc.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Well I can't find a single American politician willing to wage a war for freedom that doesn't involve oil or poppy fields... Hong Kong begging for some freedom fighters, but we're more interested in that new oil find under Iran...
    The old nobody wants to do something for nothing. I didn’t say get the government to free them I said boogie on over and volunteer to help them in their homeland, so they don’t have to come to ours. I’m sure there are plenty of international NGO’s looking for the help?

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Immigration costs are in the Hundreds of Billions of dollars each year. That is Hundreds of Billions of dollars!

This no tax money crap is lies, lies and more lies!

We have to feed them, house them, give them free schooling, free defense lawyers, free jail cells, etc., etc., etc.

Immigration is different than refugee. They are fed from donations, volunteers literally shop for them. Free schooling for anyone that pays taxes, and every refugee pays taxes.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    The old nobody wants to do something for nothing. I didn’t say get the government to free them I said boogie on over and volunteer to help them in their homeland, so they don’t have to come to ours. I’m sure there are plenty of international NGO’s looking for the help?

Sadly we are one of the only countries that can keep tyrants in check with guns.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Are we not doing enough to assimilate refugees or should we not be spending any money on refugees?

The answer contains aspects of both; the question seems like a spurious attempt to falsely frame the issue as an either-or debate:

1) We are putting them in conditions which do not promote, and in fact are not intended to facilitate, assimilation. They are not spread-out, but rather they are concentrated together in regions with the desired critical-mass combination of good public services and low housing cost. Once a suitable and accommodating "target community" is located - they are bombed on top of us like holy hell. And because the religiously-affiliated organizations which help them are limited in terms of how much they receive "per head," and also in terms of what kinds of revenue they can receive without jeopardizing their tax-exempt status, their only choice for maximizing revenue is to bring in as many as possible, within that small area. The incentive system is set up all wrong, if your intent is to foster assimilation.

2) The US asylum program was aggressively expanded by activists in the Obama administration, beyond its historical goal of assisting refugees from certain specifically-defined situations, to a more broad system designed to benefit anyone from a country with economic conditions than are simply less than our own. This was done by changing administrative rules concerning where people stay during their application process, how long they're allowed to stay there, and where they go when the time limit is reached. This has the effect of expanding the system beyond what it was originally designed for, and has been aggressively seized upon by what frankly amounts to theological-utopian activists.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    You realize you can find every bit of what you described in any backwoods white dominate American wall mart right? For goodness sakes there are active branches of the kkk in my home town. We fear anything different language, skin tone, and religion are the most widely feared. The stories our local Refugees have would break your heart. Most are afraid and often targets of extortion and exploitation by "natural born Americans.

I think most people are good, but ignorant.
    Who cares. I dont care about their sad stories. I can go find sad stories of my own friends and I care about them and would help them. I dont need refugees here.
    You want to live among them then do it. Id rather live among the backwoods white dominate American walmart community. I dont want no part of the KKK but i dont want no hip hop, no mariachis, no asian groceries. Ill take regular America back please. I dont wish no ill will to anyone else but I do not want to be invaded forcefully and pay for it too.
    I dont want the crime those groups all bring either.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    You need to sign up to donate more of your paycheck to it then because im DONE being robbed by people with that retarded line of thinking. Seriously makes me red hot mad.
    Go save the world yourself but do not force it on me. Where the hell do you think UN funds come from? Who do you think is the biggest contributor to the UN? The United States is. Public funds.
    There's you answer.
    We need to shut the UN down. If countries want to exterminate their own people let them. Not my problem. If you want to buy a plane ticket and be an ass kicker go for it. Ive done it already with a U.S. flag on my shoulder. I'm retired and im not feeling generous

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Prove it. I do not believe you.
    The government just brings them here and drops them off at a corner and says good luck, hope you have soft lips?

Did you miss the part where I said I've actually worked with the ngo that has the responsibility to take care of them through citizenship? Easy to google and they will gladly share their struggle with you. I'm not an expert, but I'm not ignorant on this topic.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Who cares. I dont care about their sad stories. I can go find sad stories of my own friends and I care about them and would help them. I dont need refugees here.
    You want to live among them then do it. Id rather live among the backwoods white dominate American walmart community. I dont want no part of the KKK but i dont want no hip hop, no mariachis, no asian groceries. Ill take regular America back please. I dont wish no ill will to anyone else but I do not want to be invaded forcefully and pay for it too.

What is regular America, if you can't describe it without racism that is very sad.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis

I dont want no google, apple, tesla, or nearly half the fortune 500 companies founded by immigrants.
    Hate to break it to you but Americas greatness isn't springing from just its citizens who can trace their hereditary back to the Mayflower.
    Immigrants in America thrive because of the system that's set up here and allows them to thrive. But we have to maintain both the system and the immigration.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Did you miss the part where I said I've actually worked with the ngo that has the responsibility to take care of them through citizenship? Easy to google and they will gladly share their struggle with you. I'm not an expert, but I'm not ignorant on this topic.

I reviewed your posts, and you neglected to name the organization you worked with. Could you be so kind as to name them, so we might Google it as you suggest?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ljmiddleton3
    Top Bottom