• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kitty

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    Whiting
    Just wanted to let everyone know - my work has cut me off of INGO :xmad:. I have to actually work at work now. If someone needs to get in touch with me during the week, I do have access to my email (or if anything really cool comes up). But I now only have my INGO on Sunday afternoons. Enough to make a girl cry!:crying::crying:

Kitty

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    Whiting
    Ok, I basically know how to sign on - but if someone can give me some ideas to get around the new security - I will try with VIGOR. I was bored to death last week.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I might suggest that if your company installed a web filter to block browsing INGO, they may not appreciate you attempting to circumvent it. At my company, it would be an almost automatic termination.

Kitty

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    Whiting
    Yeah, I know. Actually this is more our IT person - HYPER sensitive about "security". The owner has actually read several threads here over my shoulder. As long as the work gets done, he doesn't really care. Someone downloaded a virus week before last, so now she is going crazy trying to "lock things down". I was locked out of BCBS on Friday and I do our health insurance.

I'm thinking I'm going to have to break down and get smart phone.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Yeah, I know. Actually this is more our IT person - HYPER sensitive about "security". The owner has actually read several threads here over my shoulder. As long as the work gets done, he doesn't really care. Someone downloaded a virus week before last, so now she is going crazy trying to "lock things down". I was locked out of BCBS on Friday and I do our health insurance.

This is kind of my point. Your IT person's been tasked with securing the network, and someone still managed to download a virus. He probably got chewed out as a result. This is the constant struggle between the IT department and the users. The users rarely think in terms of security, but it's the IT department that always takes the heat for any breaches.

Maybe before trying to circumvent it, you simply ask him (or your boss) to authorize an exception? This way, you're not picking a fight with the guy trying to protect you from yourself, and you don't risk getting either you or him fired. I can appreciate him being hyper-sensitive about computers because I see the attacks that happen on a constant basis. There's some scary stuff out there.

t_star

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2011
    NWI
    This is exactly the reason I got a smartphone. Two pluses to it, works network is safe(r) from one less person screwing around, and work doesn't need to know what all I'm looking at online. They probably wouldn't be thrilled about this site, itself. I work in IL, for fancy-pants lawyers.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Browsing INGO at work on my own time (unpaid Lunches) nearly got me FIRED! I would go find a used computer to hook up at home or something. I'm sure I or some one else would hook it up for you.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville

Consider a tablet first. I have both a tablet and a smart phone and I'm actually going back to a standard voice/text phone because the browser is so dang hard to navigate on now (on the phone) compared to the tablet (I have an iPad2--gotta love hubbies that forget your birthday! :D). That and I hate my smart phone anyway.

Just my :twocents: from having BTDT.

Sorry about INGO being ix-nayed. I'll have to add that to my reasons for being a SAHM and work-out-the-home Realtor: unlimited INGO access.

Top Bottom