• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pmpkn8r

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Pendleton Area
    Is there any place that could engrave a EGA into a lower receiver for me? I tried searching but all I kept finding was engraving requirements for tax stamps and all that.

Pmpkn8r

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Pendleton Area
    That could work. I just need to figure out how I'm going to coat these lowers and if it will fill the engraving when I'm done. Right now they are bare sandblasted 7076 AL. They will be gifts when complete. I sadly don't know much about laser engraving. I wonder if the picture is just provided?

engineerpower

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jun 1, 2008
    State of Boone
    You'll want to anodize them before you engrave. Bare aluminum is fairly soft and will wear without the protective anodized coat, and shiny surfaces can be tough for lasers to get at. Orion Arms up North does exactly this sorta thing, if you don't find anyone local

Pmpkn8r

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2013
    Pendleton Area
    You'll want to anodize them before you engrave. Bare aluminum is fairly soft and will wear without the protective anodized coat, and shiny surfaces can be tough for lasers to get at. Orion Arms up North does exactly this sorta thing, if you don't find anyone local

Thanks guys. I'd prefer to support someone local... Also because I can generally walk in and either wait or drop off and pick up for same day. If it's a small enough shop, maybe I'll even get to learn something. Knowledge is Power.

Top Bottom