• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    Any engraving on a gun has up& down sides . If done by a well known artist some may want to buy iton the other hand if done by an unknown it would be hard to sell . That being said it is in the eye of the prospective buyer if they like engraving no matter who does it . If you want your name on your gun and plan to keep it for ever or become famous ,Notorious your descendents may like it.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2012
    Engraving is one thing. Done well, I think it most times adds value, no matter who did the work. A well known engraver, even more so. Your name, however, will almost always bring the value down considerably. If it's a piece that you intend to leave to one of your children or something like that, it will probably increase the value to them. On the other hand, I have some guns I intend to leave to one of my daughters. While they might like having my name on it at that time, I have a realistic outlook on that type of thing. While I like to think they will keep it and pass it on, should they ever NEED to sell, I would like it to be worth as much as possible for them. BTW, I've let both girls know my thoughts on the subject. If they really need the money at the time, the last thing they need along with whatever the problem, is some sort of guilt trip. They know that I would rather be helping them out of a difficult situation, from the grave more or less, than have them stuck in a situation because of "loyalty" to my memory.
    Guess I went off on a bit of a tangent there. Sorry about that. To my way of thinking, no names.
    Jim

copo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    nwi
    Like everyone else stated if it will never be sold then ok, if there's a chance it may be sold don't do it. I am getting a gun engraved soon but it is a gun that I don't shoot often anymore as it was my first issued gun from my department and I bought it back when we got new ones. that gun will be passed down in family and hopefully never sold.

Top Bottom