• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Looks like there will be no real pullout of American troops from Afghanistan after all. We'll be there wasting lives and money for as long as the political class and their military industrial complex masters can make it happen. Or until the Taliban overruns everything and kills off everyone. They just don't get it. The American people don't want a single American soldier there anymore. They want them all here, back home, where they belong.

Endless Afghanistan? US-Afghan agreement would keep troops in place and funds flowing, perhaps indefinitely - World News

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    There was never gonna be a Ruskie style "real pull out" , it was never about New York / 9/11 .

They wanted an excuse to install a permanent presence in the region so they got one .

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    There was never gonna be a Ruskie style "real pull out" , it was never about New York / 9/11 .

They wanted an excuse to install a permanent presence in the region so they got one .

Really? For what purpose? The ongoing enrichment of the military industrial complex makes much more sense to me than needing real estate in Afghanistan.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Whats the advantage though? What do "they" gain from it?

Keeps Iran Surrounded, largest exporter of opium (funds CIA extra curriculars) , vast mineral deposits, the Trans-Afghanistan Pipeline... There are plenty of reasons the US govt. and elites would want a presence there. None of which justifies the cost in blood and treasure.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Keeps Iran Surrounded, largest exporter of opium (funds CIA extra curriculars) , vast mineral deposits, the Trans-Afghanistan Pipeline...

Is that anything like the vast amounts of oil we went to Iraq to plunder?;)

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Is that anything like the vast amounts of oil we went to Iraq to plunder?;)

We went to Iraq for their WMD's, remember? Just like Afghanistan I don't think it was one thing. I think Bush honestly thought they had WMD's and was also just looking for someone, anyone to attack after 911. Access to the 7th largest oil producing country a bonus.
    In any case supposed WMD's in Iraq still made more sense than Al-Qaeda in Afghanistan warranting a full invasion and occupation.

Saudi Arabians, financed by Saudi Royalty living in Pakistan/Afghan mountains, operating out of Yemen and training in the United States... Let's attack...Iraq and Afghanistan

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    We went to Iraq for their WMD's, remember? Just like Afghanistan I don't think it was one thing. I think Bush honestly thought they had WMD's and was also just looking for someone, anyone to attack after 911. Access to the 7th largest oil producing country a bonus.
    In any case supposed WMD's in Iraq still made more sense than Al-Qaeda in Afghanistan warranting a full invasion and occupation.

Saudi Arabians, financed by Saudi Royalty living in Pakistan/Afghan mountains, operating out of Yemen and training in the United States... Let's attack...Iraq and Afghanistan

Except that the guys who took responsibility for 9/11 were based in Afghanistan. We don't need to surround Iran. We have carriers, ballistic missiles, stealth bombers etc. You are thinking of last centuries wars. It seems to me we aren't getting anything from Afghanistan but grief. Also where is all this oil we are taking from Iraq? Lots of your argument "sounds" good but I'm not seeing it. IMO you are just making it up.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Except that the guys who took responsibility for 9/11 were based in Afghanistan. We don't need to surround Iran. We have carriers, ballistic missiles, stealth bombers etc. You are thinking of last centuries wars. It seems to me we aren't getting anything from Afghanistan but grief. Also where is all this oil we are taking from Iraq? Lots of your argument "sounds" good but I'm not seeing it. IMO you are just making it up.

Al Qaeda wasn't 'based' in Afghanistan, their 911 operations HQ was in Yemen. They trained in the US and Bin Laden called the shots from Pakistan/Afghanistan.
    As for the oil thing
    Let me google that for you

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Believe the bad guys of 9-11 were predominately Saudis. How many troops are still in Korea? If any good came from Iraq, I think the Israelis got the last Munich player.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Afghanistan gives the US a position from which to contest China's access to Africa. China, with it's vast population and act put together; Africa with it's vast resources and no world military power to speak of.

I figure our "payment" of our federal debt to China will be our not opposing them when they move into Africa proper. We might hold them back long enough for the oil in the middle east to be substantially tapped or irrelevant, but sooner or later China has to go to Africa. With their population and resource pressures, it is their only logical choice and our positioning in Afghanistan puts us in their decision making regarding Africa.

But what do I know? I'm just a dumb hillbilly.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Hate to break it to you Bubba, but the Chinese are already in Africa and are all over the continent. Countries are starting to break off relations with Taiwan so they can have relations with China. There are Chinese companies and engineers all over the continent building, mining and harvesting. It's way past the time that the feeble US can do anything about it. We never paid any attention to Africa and the Chinese did. Now we'll be left out in the cold, right where we belong as far as most of Africa is concerned.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Hate to break it to you Bubba, but the Chinese are already in Africa and are all over the continent. Countries are starting to break off relations with Taiwan so they can have relations with China. There are Chinese companies and engineers all over the continent building, mining and harvesting. It's way past the time that the feeble US can do anything about it. We never paid any attention to Africa and the Chinese did. Now we'll be left out in the cold, right where we belong as far as most of Africa is concerned.

I know their business and .mil is all over the continent, but I was referring to their occupation in a more overt and decisive fashion.

This is why we are spinning up africom.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    Really? For what purpose? The ongoing enrichment of the military industrial complex makes much more sense to me than needing real estate in Afghanistan.

Question the "official narrative" of why we go to war then get your head around the idea that war is a racket , look at who benefits from it , which can be hard to find most of the time .

MG Smedley Butler , USMC , Ret. " War is a racket"

Dedication

Why is this old information still valid ? Because the same players are still involved .

Most folks don't seem able to get their minds around the idea that our (American) destiny may have been planned out years ago and things aren't so coincidental after all .

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Al Qaeda wasn't 'based' in Afghanistan, their 911 operations HQ was in Yemen. They trained in the US and Bin Laden called the shots from Pakistan/Afghanistan.
    As for the oil thing
    Let me google that for you

Im sorry, I guess I would consider the place where OBL was directing things from to be his "base."

As for the oil thing; nfk. They make oil. We buy oil. Are we now "taking" their oil? How much money have we put into them vs anything we have gotten from them? It would have been much cheaper to buy oil elsewhere than to wage war, rebuild, continue to purchase oil.

You're still talking but you still haven't proved your point at all.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Watch this.

[video=youtube;HP7L8bw5QF4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HP7L8bw5QF4[/video]

Conjecture. Alternate reasons are available. Just depends who you believe. You want to believe the conspiracy. I don't believe either the media or this stuff. Also, if it were true we would be at war with Syria and Iran by now. Which we aren't. So obviously the vast banker conspiracy is not powerful enough to control those events. Ergo their power to have controlled previous events must be questioned. It's an interesting story but it's not proof of anything. Not do I find it particularly believable over the official version of events.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    WAR is a racket. It always has been. It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives

My favorite opening of any book

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Hondolane
    Top Bottom