• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Sad, I carried a T6 for years, great pistol until the sights got too hard for me to see.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Sad to see. I find myself regretting selling the one I had now. Might need to go shopping this year to fix that mistake.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Dupe, kinda. Started with paying our respects in this thread

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/439736-browning-hi-power-question-2.html

Still sad and pissed about this decision

Me too.

Eo0Z4rx.jpg

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    Even something as GREAT as John Browning's High Power cannot compete with plastic fantastic pistols. People have decided that carrying a steel handgun is simply more painful than the recoil they will have to deal with on a flyweight handgun. My biggest complaint with injection molded plastic handguns is that they cost as much as one made from steel. They should be cheaper than dirt. I figure the next phase will be disposable handguns - shoot it once and toss it in the trash. But they'll still charge $500 for one.

Nojoy621

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 10, 2016
    Crown point
    This stinks. When I was a kid my dad had a hi power and a colt python he had to sell before I was old enough to shoot them. I’ve been trying to find the target model hi power he had to buy for my dad. Now the prices will be even higher and availability will dry up.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Even something as GREAT as John Browning's High Power cannot compete with plastic fantastic pistols. People have decided that carrying a steel handgun is simply more painful than the recoil they will have to deal with on a flyweight handgun.

Not everybody.

Some people still recall a time when men were men.... and carried steel guns... and still are and do today! :)

View attachment 63801

Last edited:

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    I never owned one but have shot customer's guns when working on them and it is truly masterpiece of engineering. If only they would have produced it in .45 ACP single stack.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I never owned one but have shot customer's guns when working on them and it is truly masterpiece of engineering. If only they would have produced it in .45 ACP single stack.

Lol I was just thinking this thread makes me want to shoot my 1911. If I want to shoot a metal 9mm I get my beretta out, I have never desired a hi power. No clue as to why!

Falschirmjaeger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2017
    Noblesville
    I have a beautiful FN Hi Power made in the 1950s for a West German police contract. Has internal extractor, cool flap holster, and a serial-number-matching mag. I don't break it out much, but now I think I'll bring it to Point Blank tomorrow. It's a tack driver, but has the standard non-contrast GI style sights that can make them hard to pick out on dark silhouette targets. As much As I love my polymer guns, ther's something about the heft and elegance of a Hi Power (and 1911) that makes them hard to resist.

Top Bottom