Easy make your Voice heard: Feinstein’s Gun Ban to Affect Millions!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Dear Sen. Donnelly,

I was pleased to read of your stated support of the Second Amendment and the pre-existing rights it protects. I am less pleased with your hinting at support for some feel-good measure that will do nothing but expand government and empower criminals.
    The background check system currently in place does not work and cannot work no matter how it is "tweaked", because it is built on a fallacy: The only people cooperating with it are those that are already obeying laws. Criminals don't go to gun stores, and they won't begin doing so because of words on a law book.
    Sir, I respectfully suggest that the focus needs to be less on the gun and more on the criminal; less on creating more criminals and more on making the penalties appertaining to the commission of a violent crime with a weapon stringent enough that no one wants to risk committing them. Possession of an item, in and of itself, should not be a crime. By way of example, you, Senator, could own a hundred grenades and be perfectly safe in doing so. Whether you personally want to or not should be left to your own discretion. When you use the first of them to cause harm to another, THAT action is and should be unlawful and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, and the full term served.
    To be clear, I stand against another failed "scary gun ban", a la 1994-2004, another magazine ban, another attempt at "closing the (fictitious) "gun show loophole". I stand against "universal background checks", as they can only precede attempts at confiscation.
    We do not need more "gun control".
    I stand against those things and as your constituent, I expect that you will do likewise.
    Dick Lugar no longer holds a seat in the Senate. I am hopeful that his replacement will actually represent his constituents.

Thank you for your attention to this important issue, and in advance for your vote in favor of the natural rights of your constituents.

Most sincerely,

(name redacted)

Top Bottom