• ...and so much more!
  • Biohazard

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    central indiana
    E.A.G. Tactical

This is a 2 day basic carbine course followed immediately by a 3 day Carbine Operator Course. More info can be found on the above web site.

Pat has a unique style of instruction that is informative and entertaining. The flow of his class is smooth with each segment building on the last.
    11-12 June 2010 - 2 Day Basic Carbine Course - Boone County IN Host: Ken Campbell
    Admin: EAG - info@eagtactical.com
    Cost: $400 - Deposit $200 - Payment in full 30 days prior to class date

This course will be Indiana Law Enforcement Training Board Certified.
    Indiana Officers will receive in-service hours for the course.
    The Basic Carbine Course is a Two Day, Low to Moderate Intensity class with the emphasis on the basics of marksmanship and manipulation. This class will include:

• Nomenclature
    • Disassembly / Assembly
    • Maintenance
    • Magazine selection
    • Sight types
    • Slings
    • Ammunition
    Practical application will include Weapons Safety; Sight Alignment / Sight Picture; Trigger Control; Loading / Unloading / Reloading; Position shooting – Prone Kneeling, Sitting
    Bring:

• A good attitude
    • Serviceable 5.56x45mm Carbine. An AR type is STRONGLY recommended
    • A serviceable sling. A tactical sling is best—but you must have a sling
    • Three serviceable magazines
    • The ability to carry two magazines on your body
    • Eyepro and Earpro
    • Baseball type hat
    • Clothing appropriate for the season
    • Kneepads and elbow pads are optional, but recommended
    • 700 rounds of serviceable Ball ammunition
    • Water / electrolyte replacement and food
    You will be required to bring a cleaning kit and paper towers/rags. These can be ordered from Brownell’s, World's Largest Supplier of Firearm Accessories, Gun Parts and Gunsmithing Tools - BROWNELLS, 1-800-741-0015 The Masen Mil Special Cleaning Kit #555-000-005 is good to go.

You will need cleaner and lube. Pat’s preference is Slip 2000 725 Cleaner/Degreaser and Slip 2000 Extreme Weapons Lube (EWL) from SLiP2000™ Gun Lubricants and Cleaners. They are non-toxic green friendly and work extremely well.

At the end of this class you will have a good understanding of the functioning of the weapon, and how to safely and effectively employ it.
    If you have questions, contact us directly for assistance!

In accordance with International Traffic in Arms (ITAR) Regulations, only U.S. Citizens will be accepted to participate in E.A.G. Tactical courses.

Last edited:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Pat has a unique style of instruction

Pat's idea of an inspirational bracelet:
    EAG_bracelet.jpg

Edited for INGO; you can fill in the blanks. ;)

Kuting

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    MSG2 - Frankfort
    I'm signed up and I've been speaking with Pat and a few other folks on LF. This will be my first firearms course, and I'm really looking forward to it.

jjlaughner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    Brownsburg
    :+1: 2006 Carbine Operator Course :rockwoot:

Pat and Ken both are awesome :yesway:
    Shot a 96 on the qualifier 3 times in a row... I had a great time
    SLIP2000 is great also, I have the full kit with the carbon buster, works great
    SLiP2000™ - Value Packs I got the 3pack and jumbo pack 5 years ago, I'm not going to run out anytime soon

Last edited:

Steve MI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2008
    only a 96..... dont brag to hard recall it doesn't count since there is no turning targets and your not in full kit

But i have shot a few 98 in my day on it and few less it means zero in the end of things

But good shooting

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    only a 96..... dont brag to hard recall it doesn't count since there is no turning targets and your not in full kit

It counts plenty if you shot an 89 the previous time...

Shooting a high score on the MEUSOC qual doesn't mean you're anywhere near the same league as the guys who "do it for real," that's not the point. But when it comes to developing your skill set, you can certainly use your performance(s) on the qual as a benchmark by which to judge your progress.

I, personally, thought the Modified Navy Qual was a tougher test of one's abilities.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    For what it's worth, as long as the times are actually observed for static targets, you have less time with static targets than you would with turning targets. Turning targets have a few extra tenths as they are becoming visible and as they are disappearing when they can be engaged.

Steve MI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2008
    It counts plenty if you shot an 89 the previous time...

Shooting a high score on the MEUSOC qual doesn't mean you're anywhere near the same league as the guys who "do it for real," that's not the point. But when it comes to developing your skill set, you can certainly use your performance(s) on the qual as a benchmark by which to judge your progress.

I, personally, thought the Modified Navy Qual was a tougher test of one's abilities.

I agree 100% navy qual is tough 18.2 was my best with -3

rushca01

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Anybody that has signed up for the 3 day operator course recieve their confirmation letter yet? I don't want to bother Donna but we are less then 30 days out and we (HONDO) and I haven't received the confirmation letters. Figured I would wait till about mid week next week before I shoot off an email.

Steve MI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2008
    you should get some thing soon i have like 6 people going down there i might drop in on day 2 to say hello

Kuting

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    MSG2 - Frankfort
    Tomorrow is the day gentlemen. I can't wait.

The kit's all packed up and ready to head out the door. Let's hope for some cloud cover and a nice breeze.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Tomorrow is the day gentlemen. I can't wait.

The kit's all packed up and ready to head out the door. Let's hope for some cloud cover and a nice breeze.

Hopefully Ken's "Sheriff Superpowers" will keep the rain at bay. ;)

We had this crap roll through back in 2008, but I swear the clouds split directly over the range, and we didn't get a drop!
    DSCF0287.jpg

At the pistol class last year, we got some showers before lunch the morning of TD2, but then it cleared up afterward. Found out later that Ken had been out of the county on business that morning. Freaky, man.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it by during either the Basic Carbine course or the Carbine Operators Course that follows. Tell Pat I said hey!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ljmiddleton3
    Top Bottom