EAA SAR B6P Sarsilmaz Compact, Semi-automatic, 9mm: Any Good?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne

wesnellans

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Marshall County
    I am not familiar with the brand, but the price is excellent.

EAA SAR B6P Sarsilmaz Compact, Semi-automatic, 9mm, 400424, 741566600944, 3.8" Barrel - 655391, Semi-Automatic at Sportsman's Guide

Anyone have any experience with it? There are no reviews on the website, so if you have experience, are able to write, and willing to share your wisdom, I think many would appreciate your contribution. I know I would.

Here, let me Google that for you.... :) Looks to plenty of reviews available online, anyway. No experience of any kind with one...

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=SAR+B6P+REVIEW

wesnellans

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Marshall County
    Thanks. I was hoping for more reliable reviews based on the wisdom of the :ingo: experts, but with all the wisdom on Google who needs :ingo:.

I was mainly jesting. I don't know anyone who's had one. I periodically see them thrown into the various "for sale" groups on FB, but that means nothing. Whether good or bad.

My understanding, limited as it is, is a CZ75 base from a quite-reputable arms manufacturer. Our own INGO member, MAC (Fullauto, IIRC) reviewed the standard size model for his blog...

Which is linked in my smart-butt Google link above... :)

http://www.thebangswitch.com/sar-b6p-9mm-pistol/

Last edited:

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I was mainly jesting. I don't know anyone who's had one. I periodically seem them thrown into the various "for sale" groups on FB, but that means nothing. Whether good or bad.

My understanding, limited as it is, is a CZ75 base from a quite-reputable arms manufacturer. Our own INGO member, MAC (Fullauto, IIRC) reviewed the standard size model for his blog...

Which is linked in my smart-butt Google link above... :)

Checking out the links. I find this price is at least $100 less than previous offers, which make the weapon interesting for those that do not want to buy a Taurus.

wesnellans

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Marshall County
    Checking out the links. I find this price is at least $100 less than previous offers, which make the weapon interesting for those that do not want to buy a Taurus.

$239 at Midwest in Elkhart and Mishawaka, from the looks of things.... current sale linked below. Plus no shipping or extra fees, and hands-on before you buy...

I'd give a call first to figure out which location(s) have them...

Just sayin' :)

Midwest Gun Exchange Weekly Email Specials

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I briefly handled one at an LGS and liked how it felt. If it functions reliably, it is a great value. No reason to think it wouldn't.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    BP2A, I have two of them (more on this in a minute). They are a CZ clone of reasonable quality. They have a nice trigger out of the box, though of somewhat long pull. The exterior of the firearm is a bit gaudy but they shoot well and are well made. I use them for range guns, especially for guest shooters. I bought a second one because we don't play well with Turkey at this time so two are one and one is none, as they say. Magazines are difficult to come by. I don't think you will regret owning one.

Super V

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2013
    Anderson
    They shoot good, no problems with the one that I own. Don't be shy about buying one if the price (being inexpensive) is throwing you off.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I have an Armalite AR-24K, which is built by Sarsilmaz, and can attest to their ability to build a nice gun. I have no experience with that model though.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Thanks for your input.

Ordered one this morning. no sales tax today only! I will post an AA report after the first range trip.

Looking forward to the report. Is this the gun that is made in Turkey? Is it a Canik by another name? If so there a a few INGO threads on it. Very good reviews. Anyway shoot that bad boy and let us know if we should take the plunge.

Last edited:

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    BP2A, I have two of them (more on this in a minute). They are a CZ clone of reasonable quality. They have a nice trigger out of the box, though of somewhat long pull. The exterior of the firearm is a bit gaudy but they shoot well and are well made. I use them for range guns, especially for guest shooters. I bought a second one because we don't play well with Turkey at this time so two are one and one is none, as they say. Magazines are difficult to come by. I don't think you will regret owning one.

They shoot good, no problems with the one that I own. Don't be shy about buying one if the price (being inexpensive) is throwing you off.

I own one, and concur with the above. Some CZ mags will work, others won't - I haven't been able to figure out why. Good consistent range gun, and I think it would make a decent carry gun if you like that style.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Looking forward to the report. Is this the gun that is made in Turkey? Is it a Canik by another name? If so there a a few INGO threads on it. Very good reviews. Anyway shoot that bad boy and let us know if we should take the plunge.

Cygnus, you raised an interesting question. What is the relationship between Canik and Sarsilmaz? As someone demonstrated above, google is our friend. The following link between some gunners in Pakistan indicates they ae different manufacturers, but both well respected in that land.

THE GUN FORUM ? View topic - Which is better: Sarsilmaz or Canik 55 ?

This link indicates Sarsilmaz B6P is a Tanfoglio clone, and speaks highly of the brand.

SAR (Sarsilmaz) B6P (Tanfoglio clone) [Archive] - Calguns.net

This thread, from 2005, (you have to read far down in it, posts #27 & #28)) offers the following comments tp9 turkish pistol *updated with pictures* - The AK Files Forums

"Sarsilmaz now calls their licensed Walther P99, 'ST9.'

Sars?lmaz

Sars?lmaz

PISTOLS | sarsilmaz.com.tr

http://www.sarsilmaz.com/en-us/st9-9.../600/page.aspx"

"Both Sarsilmaz and Canik 55 are private companies. MKE is a government run Turkish company."

I conclude that Canik and Sarsilmaz are different companies making clones, with either licensed or stolen property rights, of German or Czech models.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Just found this information, too. Helpful.

"Armor Snail
    February 15, 2014, 08:46 AM
    The B6P is a quality gun. Don't let the importer dissuade you.

Sarsilmaz has been building military arms for well over a century.
    The B6P is a small frame Tanfoglio basically. Tanfoglio set them up with the equipment.

They will take CZ75 mags.
    They have good out of the box triggers. Better then the Caniks IMO.

Why would someone post to buy a Canik instead? This seems odd to me.
    Both Canik and Sarsilmaz make excellent guns.

The advantage of the Canik CZ clones (let's keep the TP9 out for now) is they are much more upgradable. Grips, sights(certain models), action upgrades from Cajun Gun Works.

With the Sar you are for the most part "stuck" with how they come. Not necessarily a bad thing though.

If having to potentially deal with EAA for service wards you off, it appears that Sarsilmaz is opening their own US based company in the form of SAR ARMS. From what I've gathered, that transition should be done by the end of the year.
    Although the price could potentially go up.

Both Sar and Canik pistols are just about on par with their CZ counter parts.

Yes, a holster for a B6 can be difficult sourcing but there is at least one quality Kydex builder out there accommodating the pistol. Search online for "Vigilance Tactical".

Greg Cote LLC has MecGar CZ mags cheap.

Check out the clone club on the CZ forum for a ton of info and happy owners.

I own a Canik and a few CZs. My father has a B6PC.

Both of our clones have been flawless, straight shooters.
    I'm looking at adding either the full size B6P or compact B6PC to my collection soon.

Again, don't be dissuaded by folks who might say to pass on a gun simply because they haven't heard of it or it doesn't say Glock, M&P, Ruger, etc.

Remember, many years ago there was a very affordable striker fired service pistol imported here know as the HS Produckt HS-2000. It is made in Croatia and was not well received by the masses of American gun owners.

A few years went by, the rights of the pistol were sold to Springfield. Then they sold it here as the XD. Of course it is now a commercial success, albeit with a substantial price increase over the first HS-2000 imports.

CZ's even were once a lesser known secret of shooters here too. Now their prices have been on the rise and availability can be low as they sell very quickly.

The price on the Turkish clones will undoubtedly go up in time.
    There is also a steel framed B6.
    Which is essentially the Sar Kilinc 2000. Except the safety is reversed.

This gun is also sold here in a slightly different configuration and imported by Armalite and known as the AR-24.
    Which sells for almost double a polymer B6.

You won't be disappointed in the Sar.

If you feel like upgrading, both the Canik C100, L120, and S120 are the way to go. Although they go for a few more dollars(under $350).

As to the question of compact versus full size. Consider this. For strictly bedside, a full size has the advantage of capacity and sight radius.
    You said you aren't completely ruling out CC. In that case a compact will suit you better. The compact will accept full size mags. There will be a gap but it's not uncomfortable to shoot. You could always pop in a 16, 17, 18, 19 or 26 round mag at home but have the flush mag for carry.

One other thing to note. With a Canik C100, 16 round mags with a CZ SP01 base plate will fit flush to the frame.
    CZ Custom sells the mag already assembled now as the Compact Extended mag. They and CZUSA also sell just the bases for $9 if you want to utilize them on a more affordable MecGar mag." <http://www.thehighroad.org/archive/index.php/t-744006.html>.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Just to help clarify, BP2A, the B6P is the full size CZ75 clone from SAR and the B6PL is the compact 3.8 inch barrel. There is also a B6P Hawk that is all alloy and steel.

Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    You know what, I got one. Got it at a very good price too. I really like it. Fits my hands well. Very comfortable to shoot and is very reliable. I think you are going to like your purchase.

Top Bottom