• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • theboilermaker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    F.W.
    I am looking at sig 229's and trying to decide between the new grip and the old. Both feel comfortable and fit my hand adequately. Any opinions on the old vs. the new? Thanks in advance!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    While I love the original grips, E2 just seems to fit my hands much better. If you go to a gun show try and feel them both but you won't be disappointed with E2 grips.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    Tried E2 and classic on both my 226 and 228s.

I prefer the G10 Hogue.

228.jpg

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I have a P229 with the E2 grips and a P228 with older style grips.

I definately prefer the E2 grips.

Another thing to consider though is the slide profile. The newer P229s have a tapered slide like that on the P226 and P220. The older ones have a straight cut slide. Holsters for the older style are much easier to find. The newer style slides will not fit a holster made for the older slide profile. I got lucky and got an in-between transition phase P229 that has the older slide profile, but has the E2 grips and SRT trigger.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Hopefully they will update holsters soon. I can't find any to buy right now unfortunately. Sounds like the E2 is the way to go.

I was searching for holsters probably a year or so ago, so Im sure you will be able to find E2 holsters by now. Also I think holsters for the P226 and maybe, mind you, maybe the P228R (P228 with the rail) will fit the newer P229 but I cant say for sure. The new slide profile on the P229 is alot like the P228R.

My P229 is the SAS Gen2 model. So it is an older slide profile with E2 grips and NO rail. You wanna talk about hard to find a Kydex holster for...

Top Bottom