• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    "We will convey our deep appreciation for the Islamic faith, which has done so much over so many centuries to shape the world for the better, including my own country," Obama said.

semperfi211

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Near Lowell
    345-muslim-outrage.jpg

Yes they have done so much to shape our world.

Uralguy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 31, 2009
    Kokomo
    Looks like a nice friendly Religion

Kinda makes ya want to have them over for a BBQ. All bull **** aside some of the nicest people I have ever spent time with are Islamic. Gracious hosts, fun to make fun of, and smart. The wackos get all the press coverage.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    Kinda makes ya want to have them over for a BBQ. All bull **** aside some of the nicest people I have ever spent time with are Islamic. Gracious hosts, fun to make fun of, and smart. The wackos get all the press coverage.

Yep. I work with one and he's one of the most kind, unselfish, giving, and good-hearted people I know. He's a heck of a lot better person than many of the self proclaimed "Christians" I know!!! :dunno:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Yep. I work with one and he's one of the most kind, unselfish, giving, and good-hearted people I know. He's a heck of a lot better person than many of the self proclaimed "Christians" I know!!! :dunno:

Yup, I know ONE Democrat who's the same way.

Problem is it, it's the majority we have to deal with.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    "We will convey our deep appreciation for the Islamic faith, which has done so much over so many centuries to shape the world for the better, including my own country," Obama said.

I don't believe it. He actually spoke the complete truth for once!

Islam has done much to shape his own country of Kenya, certainly.

It has also done much to shape America; We used to look like this:
    wtc.jpg

And now, if I have my way, we will never stop looking like this:
    usa-flag-inside-map.jpg

God bless America!

Bill

ETA: Just noticed: Not the complete truth after all. Islam has certainly changed the country and indeed the world... just not for the better.

Last edited:

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I'd really like someone to explain how Islam has "shaped the World for the better." I think that's a pretty much unsupportable statement.

I am a member of no religion, but when you compare the three major religions of the Western world, you have Judaism, which mainly focuses on how to live - a set of ethics, and it makes little efforts to convert others. Christianity is an evangelical religion, and with the exception of a few handfuls of misguided folks throughout history, is truly a religion of peace. Islam throughout history has produced converts through force, and appears to be naturally oppressive in nature.

Any religion can be abused, some require much less abuse to be harmful. Just practicing Islam according to its own teachings appears to cause oppression.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    The below is not mine, but lifted from another source quoting the primary, I hope:

In 1786 Thomas Jefferson, then US ambassador to France, and John Adams, then US Ambassador to Britain, met in London with Sidi Haji Abdul Rahman Adja, the Dey’s ambassador to Britain, in an attempt to negotiate a peace treaty based on Congress’ vote of funding. To the US Congress these two future Presidents later reported the reasons for the Muslims’ hostility towards America, a nation with which they had no previous contacts.

“…that it was founded on the Laws of their Prophet, that it was written in their Koran, that all nations who should not have acknowledged their authority were sinners, that it was their right and duty to make war upon them wherever they could be found, and to make slaves of all they could take as Prisoners, and that every Musselman (Muslim) who should be slain in Battle was sure to go to Paradise.”

These guys have been making war on us for over 200 years.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

Yes, but no pork!

Mmmm bacon, pork chops, ribs oh yeah. Oh and pickled pock hocks.

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    islam hasnt made a positive contribution to civilization since the dark ages. and thats being generous. i got to play with someones legs today, after he blew himself up. allah akbah!

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    islam hasnt made a positive contribution to civilization since the dark ages. and thats being generous. i got to play with someones legs today, after he blew himself up. allah akbah!

Sounds like he was done with them :laugh::laugh:
    :dunno: I didn't say that...

hookedonjeep

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    With the other Sheepdogs
    I'd really like someone to explain how Islam has "shaped the World for the better." I think that's a pretty much unsupportable statement.

I am a member of no religion, but when you compare the three major religions of the Western world, you have Judaism, which mainly focuses on how to live - a set of ethics, and it makes little efforts to convert others. Christianity is an evangelical religion, and with the exception of a few handfuls of misguided folks throughout history, is truly a religion of peace. Islam throughout history has produced converts through force, and appears to be naturally oppressive in nature.

Any religion can be abused, some require much less abuse to be harmful. Just practicing Islam according to its own teachings appears to cause oppression.

Just to clarify.... all major religions have throughout history used force of one kind or another to convert followers...... the problem is that in every religion, there are those that distort the teachings to explain the evil that lurks inside them - and they find others that are willing to do that same stupid stuff (ie: chest bombs, etc.). They prey on those that do not have a strong base in self spirituality (suckers), and convince them to do their bidding. There is no way to avoid it..... if you go to your house of worship, and you don't like what you are being taught (peace, respect, love of life), and you would rather hear that it is ok to murder women and children if they don't believe like you do (and to sweeten the deal, we'll throw in a ****-ton of virgins!); then you will head down that road. You will seek out the other whacko's who think like you, and take it from there.
    To beat the enemy, you must first understand the enemy.
    Then, dust off and nuke the site from orbit - it's the only way to be sure. :D

Top Bottom