• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    Thought I'd pass along to anyone even remotely interested in picking one of these radios up that last night I was able to participate in net sessions in Peru, Marion, and Noblesville from my abode in Windfall on my Baofeng UV-5RE. These repeaters are anywhere from 25-35 miles from my location....and I was using the stock antenna. Sure, it's not in the same class of HT my Yaesu VX-6R is in but its still pretty darn good for less than $50!

Thanks again to Sailor for hooking me up with a freq list for the CHIRP software!

KM9X

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    I have had my UV-5R plus for a couple of weeks, have about 30 channels programmed, bought one for the better half also and a two guys at work ( police dept) have bought them now two. very easy to program when you get the hang, didnt buy the cable/software. We have had fund finding out things the book(crap) doesnt tell you. We can hit repeaters from work in Decatur County to our home county ( Ripley). as many reviews state, the receive is not as good as the xmit. I bought a red one, a blue for her. They got a yellow(yer neice has a yellow one) and htey have a CAMO one but it was the whopping $49.95.. ten bucks more! ONE THING we cant figure out. how in the hell can they sell a handheld, type accepted, goes anywhere on VHF and UHF, also FM radio, with a drop in charger, antenna, lithium battery, a rubber case and a headset for vox.. for $39.95.....its crazy! km9x@frontier.com Osgood Ripley Co.

Kokomo1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2011
    I have had my UV-5R plus for a couple of weeks, have about 30 channels programmed, bought one for the better half also and a two guys at work ( police dept) have bought them now two. very easy to program when you get the hang, didnt buy the cable/software. We have had fund finding out things the book(crap) doesnt tell you. We can hit repeaters from work in Decatur County to our home county ( Ripley). as many reviews state, the receive is not as good as the xmit. I bought a red one, a blue for her. They got a yellow(yer neice has a yellow one) and htey have a CAMO one but it was the whopping $49.95.. ten bucks more! ONE THING we cant figure out. how in the hell can they sell a handheld, type accepted, goes anywhere on VHF and UHF, also FM radio, with a drop in charger, antenna, lithium battery, a rubber case and a headset for vox.. for $39.95.....its crazy! km9x@frontier.com Osgood Ripley Co.

i picked a 5R+ up last week in black from Amazon during a lightning deal for $29. I added a second battery, better antenna, and full sized remote mic and still have less than $50 in it. Not a bad radio.

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    i picked a 5R+ up last week in black from Amazon during a lightning deal for $29. I added a second battery, better antenna, and full sized remote mic and still have less than $50 in it. Not a bad radio.

I picked up a couple for $29 with Amazon Prime, so I got 2 Day shipping included in the dirt cheap price.

Top Bottom