• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aaron1776

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Beyond the fact that this post made me cry, it really illustrated why I dearly love 1911s but carry a polymer. (XD)
    1911s are for people who like to shoot.
    Polymers are for people who need to shoot. :)

Now I'll probably feel the wrath of every 1911 guy out there.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Beyond the fact that this post made me cry, it really illustrated why I dearly love 1911s but carry a polymer. (XD)

I was going to bring this up, but hesitated.. thanks for taking the hit for me!

:D

AD Marc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012

It's not an unwarranted position. Any gun that breaks from impacting the ground probably shouldn't be considered for serious defensive purposes. We teach to let dropping guns fall and to ditch empty or malfunctioning firearms that can't be immediately remidied to transition to a secondary handgun, knife or to go hands on. As such, my glock has hit concrete hundreds of times, without incident.

I have no issues with 1911's and love my colt all the same, but like you, would only carry it as a fashion accessory.

BrinNutz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 26, 2012
    SBN
    I'm curious what holster you have mounted under you steering wheel...Looking for something similar and pics if you have 'em!

Sucks to hear of the fate of the Kimber, but you'll get her fixed up in no time!

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Lol, I'll put my 1911's up against the tupperware guns any time. The part that broke on his Kimber was plastic. Guess what almost your entire tupperware gun is made of?

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    I will carry a plastic gun when I am no longer strong enough to aim and shoot the "real" ones.
    Not that I have anything against limp wrist-ed gun owners.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    If you drop/hit your 1911 hard enough to damage it, it's likely going to be the hammer or sear that gets broken/damaged and the same would apply to any other firearm with an exposed hammer.

It's hard to damage Glock in the same way, because it's striker fired and doesn't have an exposed hammer.

It's always a good idea to have a backup-gun regardless of whether your primary is a 1911 or a Glock just like it's always a good idea to have a spare tire regardless of whether your tires are the $25 Wal-Mart special or the top-end $300/each [insert brand name here].

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Well crap, I guess James Yeager was right... Dang!

:D

I only carry my 1911 on special occasions. I'm too worried about scuffing/scratching it up for everyday carry. With poly guns, I get over it.

Aaron1776

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Indianapolis
    No. But, I don't give Obama fans a hard time either. Everybody is entitled to an opinion!
    LOL OUCH! That was below the belt!!!

I love the looks of 1911s, especially Kimbers. I can deal with dropping a Glock or an older SIG. I can't deal with dropping a $1200 Kimber.
    Also an excellent reason to keep the 1911 as a safe queen.

Lol, I'll put my 1911's up against the tupperware guns any time. The part that broke on his Kimber was plastic. Guess what almost your entire tupperware gun is made of?
    It's made of ploymer that doesn't break when I drop it. :D
    What's more likely? I'll have a need to shoot a 1" group at 25 yards in a defensive situation. OR I'll need my gun to survive both of us hitting the ground hard?
    Same thing happened to me, but it went like this:

Woops, I dropped my M&P... it's fine.
    The End. :D
    :+1:

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    Wow, that sucks. And don't worry about people here chewing you up for a mistake, e-thugs tend to do that just to make themselves feel better. Good thing that the firearm didn't discharge. Might wanna start exploring striker fire type of firearm.

Top Bottom