• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • den57

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Franklin, In
    The response of mine was in reference to the gun hunt having been moved to December. Keep up with us Den, :D

Turn around csaws, I'm in front of you..... :)

The dates for the hunts that you were drawn for are posted in the links under your name and date of birth.

I found that my date is 29, Dec. 2009 by following the directions on the link.

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    I too followed the instructions in the link, got my date and then I was told it was wrong, by two guys that from their info I can presume work at the installation. I was hoping to find written info on their statement of the Nov. Hunt being cancelled. However if you claim that the info on the DNR site is gospel then I can also presume I was chosen for the VIP hunt.

den57

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 28, 2009
    Franklin, In
    I too followed the instructions in the link, got my date and then I was told it was wrong, by two guys that from their info I can presume work at the installation. I was hoping to find written info on their statement of the Nov. Hunt being cancelled. However if you claim that the info on the DNR site is gospel then I can also presume I was chosen for the VIP hunt.

The date's for the hunt in Dec. were the only date's that I seen for the hunt. I know that they NORMALY hunt the weekend of Thanksgiving, but with the base being more active now, I know that those date could change or the hunt not happen at all.

I do believe that the date's that are posted on the IDNR site is gospel enough for me to believe that I will be hunting Atterbury on the 29, Dec. 2009. God willing...... ;)

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Yes your Dec dates are good to go, unless something unforeseable happens on the base.

Csaws question was he received a Nov date. All i was saying is all the Nov dates have been changed to Dec because of certain conflicts. The only hunt in Nov is the VIP hunt which Csaws must have been lucky enough or important enough to hunt.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I applied for a special deer reduction hunt in Prophetstown State Park, but I get "no results found" when I search.

Does anyone know if the postings are for ALL of the hunts, (military/reserve) AND special deer reduction hunts?

Am I NOT being drawn because I do NOT have a "Hunters I.D.#" (safety course)?
    I am exempt by age, but I see where they state people WITH the hunter education #'s get preference?

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I know on Atterbury, no matter what age, you have to have completed a the Hunter Safety course.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I know on Atterbury, no matter what age, you have to have completed a the Hunter Safety course.

In the Prohpetstown application it specifically said, "hunters WITH a hunters I.D. # would be given preference".

I'm STILL wondering if the Prophetstown "Deer reduction hunt" draw was included in the listed hunts?

Also, if you take, and pass a hunters safety course, do you need to repeat it every year? Is it good for life?

tyrajam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Fishers
    So nobody hunts big oaks, huh? Thats by far my favorite, I got drawn for archery oct 17-18 and gun nov 21-22. Last year my hunting partner shot his buck about 10 minutes after 1st light and a buck walked past me 30 minutes later. Two 8 pointers, under an hour of hunting, can't beat it with a stick.:D

greg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Plainfield,In
    Atterbury

attmap.jpg

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Didnt have to do with the previous posts, just asking. Did you ask Range Control if this could be posted on the internet?

Top Bottom