• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • leftsock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    I was perusing the http://www.cbrps.com website and noticed an interesting conversion for a draco pistol.

Draco_left_front.jpg

Their site states from the BATFE:
    [FONT=Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Your new design eliminates the forward handgrip and thus does not facilitate two handed firing as your initial design did. Therefore FTB finds that an AK pistol mounted in your redesigned stock is intended to be fired with one hand and thus constitutes a "pistol" as defined in the Gun Control Act. Accordingly an AK pistol mounted in your newly designed stock would not meet the definition of an "AOW" as noted above and thus would not be regulated under the provisions of the NFA in any way."[/FONT]
    Great, so with no fore grip, this is a pistol that can probably reach your shoulder if you scrunch up a little bit.

So, will any pistol with a "thing" on the back that happens to reach one's shoulder, yet lacking a fore grip still be a pistol? Or is it something about the position of the firearm's internal mechanisms in a certain positions that "just happen" to reach the shoulder, yet without a fore grip make it still a pistol? I suppose it's not too dissimilar from an AR pistol's buffer tube, and as we all know, some people's buffer tubes are longer than others'.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    I have seen people shove the pistol buffer tube into their shoulder and shoot it that way, so I def could see that not being a problem. No clue for sure though. And looking at that design, I don't know if you could use the sights if you tried to shoulder it.

Might be able to modify it to work with the new MI Aimpoint Micro mount though...

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    That looks horrible! I would never put that on my Draco. That would absolutely ruin the looks of the weapon. To each his own, but man that looks like crap.

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Not for me. Muscle memory for mag changes would make it pain for me to switch.

Yeah I was just thinking that the ergonomics of this "pistol" would completely drive any "drills" I might run into the ground.

I think this "pistol" would fall into the realm of "Range Diva" weapons with little practical purpose.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I see zero difference between that and an AK Bullpup SBR.

The logic of ATF makes my head spin. :n00b:

Agreed. I think the BATF has a giant price-is-right wheel they spin to determine whats legal and whats not.

The fact remains that most retro fitted bullpup triggers are rougher than hell, and seriously handicap the weapon. Pay the tax, and do it right.

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    Wow, that is just ugly. I would almost be embarrassed to bring that out on a range.

And user-made bulpups just never work right. Hell, some factory ones are iffy at best (and thats coming from someone who has a love affair with his PS90)

LPPOsecurity

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    NWI
    Looks pretty cool to me, not like the Draco has all that much real purpose anyway, this is just somethin to mess with, kinda unique, I wouldnt mind gettin one to play with

Last edited:
    Top Bottom