• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsx1043

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    Napghanistan
    Guys, I want everyone to know, unequivocally, that the police department, in fact all of LE in Marion County, is outnumbered and outgunned for this. There are way too many criminal incidents going on in the square mile of downtown and nowhere near enough LEOs to handle it - WITH THE RULES THAT WE HAVE TO ABIDE BY. Over the years, our response to handle these types of situations has been dictated by the social justice warriors and weak-spined bureaucrats. There is a level of perceived "kindness" that has to be utilized in every situation, and our numbers have been so diminished that IMPD itself hundreds of officers short. Not to mention, all the resources in the world to arrest all of these people would do no good, since we have nowhere to put them. Our jail simply cannot process so many arrestees at one time in a safe, efficient and legal manner.

I want everyone to fully understand, that the "Thin Blue Line" is exactly what you see here: hundreds of men and women who, regardless of the size of the opposing force, have placed themselves in harm's way to ATTEMPT to maintain order. It's literally the line that is holding back the evil of the world, and as a society, criminals have been operating at a level in which those large-scale incidents can be handled one or two at a time, but this is literally war on our streets.

Yes, there may be a failure here of having the numbers capable to handle it, but you have to put it into perspective: LE can only do what the citizenry will allow it to do - and currently our hands have been tied so much that no matter what response we have, it's either effective and the "optics" are bad, or the "optics" are good and the response is ineffective. Unfortunately, we the people, can't have both. We talked in the other thread about the days when cops used to give a little wallop here and there to give an attitude correction, and say what you will, but at that time, society trusted in police to be "enforcers," but now we have to be social workers, psychologists, doctors, teachers, etc.... and don't get me wrong, it's the right approach - but we're no longer allowed to be WARRIORS - at exactly the time that it's needed.

Those men and women are doing everything they can.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Guys, I want everyone to know, unequivocally, that the police department, in fact all of LE in Marion County, is outnumbered and outgunned for this. There are way too many criminal incidents going on in the square mile of downtown and nowhere near enough LEOs to handle it - WITH THE RULES THAT WE HAVE TO ABIDE BY. Over the years, our response to handle these types of situations has been dictated by the social justice warriors and weak-spined bureaucrats. There is a level of perceived "kindness" that has to be utilized in every situation, and our numbers have been so diminished that IMPD itself hundreds of officers short. Not to mention, all the resources in the world to arrest all of these people would do no good, since we have nowhere to put them. Our jail simply cannot process so many arrestees at one time in a safe, efficient and legal manner.

I want everyone to fully understand, that the "Thin Blue Line" is exactly what you see here: hundreds of men and women who, regardless of the size of the opposing force, have placed themselves in harm's way to ATTEMPT to maintain order. It's literally the line that is holding back the evil of the world, and as a society, criminals have been operating at a level in which those large-scale incidents can be handled one or two at a time, but this is literally war on our streets.

Yes, there may be a failure here of having the numbers capable to handle it, but you have to put it into perspective: LE can only do what the citizenry will allow it to do - and currently our hands have been tied so much that no matter what response we have, it's either effective and the "optics" are bad, or the "optics" are good and the response is ineffective. Unfortunately, we the people, can't have both. We talked in the other thread about the days when cops used to give a little wallop here and there to give an attitude correction, and say what you will, but at that time, society trusted in police to be "enforcers," but now we have to be social workers, psychologists, doctors, teachers, etc.... and don't get me wrong, it's the right approach - but we're no longer allowed to be WARRIORS - at exactly the time that it's needed.

Call in the surrounding departments, ISP, the Guard. Utilize vacant buildings / Convention center as processing centers.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

Call on the people.

You'll find plenty of "warriors" who will get the job done. Providing you don't arrest them.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

Thanks, puts it into perspective.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    They are a collection of idiots and morons with no real clue. This just exposes the crass lack of ability in the leaders or fair city put in the seats or power. Is everyone waking up to his yet. 1st this idiotic scam of a pandemic and now mass hysteria. God save us because those idiots have no clue yet all that power at there disposal.

Yup, we are doomed.
    Exactly! They pat each other on the back, suck up to the next one in line, make themselves feel like others are looking up to them, and laugh all the way to the bank!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

THis is true "But" there were other measures they could have taken yet failed to do so putting everyone involved at great risk due to there lack of ability's to lead.

MnemonicMonkey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 31, 2012
    Just got a text from IU Health to stay indoors and avoid "unnecessary travel" at the downtown campuses.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    89a148326b4c906a38ba0208ee8c6914.png

Source

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood

I’m assuming you are a Leo. I’m sure we agree on most points, but they are NOT doing everything they can. And cops “shouldn’t” be “warriors “! This is NOT war! It’s a certain group of young misfits who have never been disciplined and are pretty much allowed to do whatever the hell they want. If/when these thugs ARE caught/arrested, they are kicked back through the turnstiles to return to the streets to go right back to their everyday activities.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    This! It can NOT be that difficult to have a plan to deal with idiocy! What will we do when we have a real revolution!?

I had an idea. How about passing a law that would revoke all government assistance for anyone arrested during protests. I'll bet it would cut down the numbers.

Top Bottom