• This guy is:

• Total voters

Car Ramrod

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Westfield
    I loved it when the couple was shooting at their home with rifles to see if the rounds would penetrate.

#1 They were shooting 22's from like 100 yards away

#2 The show overdubbed the sound of a Garand or a Barrett 50 cal. Looked and sounded so flippin' stupid.
    And they shot at the corner, which is the strongest, thickest part of the container.

Maybe next time they need to try shooting a window or the thinner sheet metal sides...

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    I teach my students to always run the slide after inserting a fresh magazine even if that means ejecting a perfectly good round.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    I only watch the program to garner ideas for myself.

This last show, there was a family who built their "bunker" in secret, but then advertised to the world that they had it on that show. :dunno:

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    Remember the fat lady who was more or less like "I'm gonna keep looking like a manatee because when SHTF, I'll still have weight to lose"

anyone else read this in a high pitched funny voice?

4272009609_e912afc7a5.jpg

Dragon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Muncie, IN
    Remember the fat lady who was more or less like "I'm gonna keep looking like a manatee because when SHTF, I'll still have weight to lose"

Is she the one who was doing self-defense at some place, with some guy talking about protecting her family? My first thought was, sorry lady if I wanted to take your stuff and all that stood in my way was you and your Jiu Jitsu skills, your family would starve and die.

Now granted having the knowledge and ability to defend yourself is great, but when you're 150lbs overweight your ability to use that knowledge (in her situation) is going to be damned near impossible unless she's dealing with someone smaller or weaker. I stopped watching after that part of that show and haven't watched since. I missed the guy shooting his thumb off.

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    Why is that?

The primary reason is commonality of operation. Every time you insert a fresh magazine you rack the slide. It doesn't matter if the slide is forward or back.

Racking the slide also increases the likelihood that there will be a round in the chamber after the reload. This came about after seeing plenty of students insert a fresh magazine from a speed or tactical reload and their next shot was a 'click' because the slide had gone forward on an empty chamber.

chachi73

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    west burbs
    I thought the episode with the New York guy that threw broken glass down outside his apartment door to alert him if someone was approaching was a good idea. And he had the water bladder thingy in his bathtub...kind of a good idea.

Plisken

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Under the radar
    The best part of that episode was when he said, "The gun malfunctioned." Since when is putting your thumb over the muzzle and pulling the trigger a malfunction?
    The gun didnt malfunction it was the guy shooting it that had the malfunction. Covering the muzzle with your finger. Where is his gun saftey. Dont point the gun at something your not willing to destroy. Guess he wanted to destroy his finger.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    These shows are entertaining in ways not always apparent. Gosh, back to being an old fart. Google Mel Tappan. He wrote a book in the 80s that is still in print. Had a column in Guns and Ammo. They called them, realistically, survivalists back then. The idea being everyone croaks but you and yours. Got my wake up call when an acquaintance quoted the price of .308 Fed. gold match as the cost of anything post apocalypse.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom