• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    What is it about donut shops that brings out the a**hole in people?

I pulled into Dunkin Donuts to get a donut on my way to my client. Now, this is a pretty small parking lot, but there were still five or six spaces open. There was one guy inexplicably parked sideways taking up three spots. As I was leaving, someone else was exiting behind me. She discovered that her car was blocked in by another douchebag who was double-parked, again sideways across three spots (blocking in all three cars). There were spots for him to park. It was completely unnecessary. He even left his douchemobile running. To top it off, he waved to her from inside and MADE HER WAIT WHILE HE STOOD IN LINE FOR HIS #$@%$ COFFEE! I sat there and watched him yammer on his cellphone while he stood in line and even continued yammering while the counter girl tried to take his order. What a prick! Seriously, what is with people? THEY HAVE A DRIVE-THROUGH! If you're in such a hurry that you can't park properly or even turn your car off, maybe you're too busy to stop for coffee? :xmad::xmad::xmad:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Wow. Does that happen often?

Seems to be the case every time I stop at a convenience store/gas station/donut shop. People completely lose their minds. They get the "I'll only be a minute" disease and think that excuses them for parking like a moron. And seriously, what's with leaving your car running? Even in a really nice neighborhood, I wouldn't leave my car unlocked and running.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Hmm Dunkin Donuts....we are getting 2 in Anderson that should be done real soon. Thats exactly what I need.

Common everyday occurance. We for get that they are in their on little selfish world. People double parking, parking in handicap spaces w/o tags, slowing down in traffic to talk on cell phone/text, talking to customer service rep when their transaction is done, the list goes on and on. I will let them have a ear full but it just bounces off. I drove to Indy everyday from Anderson for about 3 years, about 2 or 3 times a week I would get behind the same guy reading the newspaper on his steering wheel. It would be best if/when the SHTF they stay out of my way.

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    I can't believe she sat there and waited. At the very least, I would have gone inside and told him to move his car.

There would be no way that I would sit there and wait for him. I would have said something to him and if that did not work.......well....... see previous statement.

I can be a little inpatient :D

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I love DD. Far superior to Krispy Kreme where they feel the need to glaze every single donut with a thick shell of sugar. I was thrilled to see them come back to Indy.

Now if we could just convince Tim Horton's to come down here... :thumbsup:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    There would be no way that I would sit there and wait for him. I would have said something to him and if that did not work.......well....... see previous statement.

I can be a little inpatient :D

I admit I sat and watched. I wanted to see if she'd started throwing hands when he came out. You know how it is, they're all meek and avoid confrontation at first, and then they're all **** and vinegar at the end.

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    I love DD. Far superior to Krispy Kreme where they feel the need to glaze every single donut with a thick shell of sugar. I was thrilled to see them come back to Indy.

Now if we could just convince Tim Horton's to come down here... :thumbsup:
    That's the first place I am gonna hit in the airport when I go to Toronto in a couple of weeks. There is also one right around the corner from my hotel there, gotta have that TH first thing in the morning.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Scutter, you need to carry a camera, too: Learn To Park, Jerk

It doesn't bother me too much to see someone encroach the line. At least they tried and a lot of spaces are just too small as property owners try to fit as many cars as they can on the lot. It's the ones that deliberately take up multiple spots that annoy me. I did notice that many of the cars in that link seemed to be parked in the back of the lots where noone else would park anyway. That's also (mostly) fine because they're not inconveniencing anyone. They're not taking up any spaces that someone else would want to use. It's the guys like that Subaru parked across two handicapped spaces that make me want to Hulk out.

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    It doesn't bother me too much to see someone encroach the line. At least they tried and a lot of spaces are just too small as property owners try to fit as many cars as they can on the lot. It's the ones that deliberately take up multiple spots that annoy me. I did notice that many of the cars in that link seemed to be parked in the back of the lots where noone else would park anyway. That's also (mostly) fine because they're not inconveniencing anyone. They're not taking up any spaces that someone else would want to use. It's the guys like that Subaru parked across two handicapped spaces that make me want to Hulk out.
    Come one honey... tell us how you really feel.. :D

I went in to the UPS store the other day to check my mailbox. There was a car running and no one in it. I got out and locked my car. As I was leaving, so was the man who owned the running vehicle. I really wanted to say something but didn't. If his car got stolen, it's his problem not mine I guess. Oh and he didn't even lock his car. So the car is sitting in the parking lot (probably 100ft or so from the entrance to the store) and could easily have been stolen because he couldn't have possibly have been able to see his car.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Oh and he didn't even lock his car. So the car is sitting in the parking lot (probably 100ft or so from the entrance to the store) and could easily have been stolen because he couldn't have possibly have been able to see his car.

Even if he could see it, what's he going to do? Yell "Stop!"? "Don't worry, officer, I got the license plate number."? :dunno: That car's going to be gone and the only difference is he'll be able to watch it driving away.

Mr.Hoppes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2008
    New Goshen IN
    There is a hopital here in TH that has a parking lot directly across from the enterance just for Handicapped parking. The lot is well sdesigned, with spaces in between so those who need it can get out. For many years I used an electric cart to get around and parked there often. I had the legal license plate to do so. I would always be annoyed with those who parked in the spaces in between, thus blocking access for anyone who needed to get out the space to get in or out of their vehicles legally parked. What really set me off was when the offending vehicle didn't have a Plate or plackard making it legal to park anywhere in that lot, let alone blocking some one in. If I was waiting for a spot to open I would call the hospital and have security come out. They rarely had a enough security to tend to the lots. Then I would take a picture of the vehicle in such a mannor that it showed the infraction then I would post the picture to a local forum. I had actually considered a web site called Terrible Haute but I never followed through. A few times I actually blocked the offending vehicle in while waiting and when the driver came out I waited for them to approach me. Then I would point out their parking the signage and how it prevented people from getting into their vehicles when they parked that way. Too many had no clue that the space with the blue diagonal lines wasn't a parking spot, but space for the impared to exit thier vehilces.

SAD sad world. I tried parking out in another lot and the bus that takes you up to the hospital doesn't have wheelchair access. ( It didn't) I haven't been there in a while). So using my electric cart in the rain or snow and throught the side walks under construction became difficult at best.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I can't stop thinking about donuts long enough to be outrages by the dillhole behavior in question. I haven't had a donut since 2003.

Top Bottom