• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    This is the story. My son took the shells with the intention to show his shooting buddy what kind of bullets to use in a snub nose. This was Tuesday evening, so I had been walking around town with an empty pistol for two days. He said that he grabbed them up and ran out and forgot to tell me later. I have to wonder what was wrong with the speed loaders lying there with the pistol, but he didn't see them.

I can't Throw them out of the house because they live next door. That way they get all the resources yet they don't have to say that they live with their parents......

For the guys saying that they don't check their guns because they KNOW that they are loaded, go back and read my original post. That is exactly what I have been thinking the last two days

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    1. Be so familiar with your gun that you instantly know how it feels when it is empty because there is a difference in weight between a loaded gun and an unloaded gun, depending on models.

2. This is why I brass check my gun every time I pick it up and put it down. I have a 9mm as a carry gun and a .45 as a HD gun. When I switch them in the safe, I keep them loaded, and when I switch them out, I brass check every time.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I still don't understand. He took all of them out - not just one to show his friend. Missing some information here.

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    I still don't understand. He took all of them out - not just one to show his friend. Missing some information here.

+1. Plus, he knows you carry the firearm for self-defense, right? How did he think you were going to use it without ammo?

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    It's none of our business, BUT......you brought it up!
    Do the "boys" live OFF you or are they on their own?
    Next, I don't know any way to ask nicely.....do you let these "boys" walk all over you as an every day thing? Sorry, but it sounds like these "boys" have absolutely NO respect for you and NO responsibility for themselves! I hope I'm wrong, but things don't sound right at YOUR (?) house!

No disrespect meant !

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Well..... it could have been me but, if anyone living in this house thinks this is funny, maybe its time to hit the road!
    I cant help but wonder why 2 nearly 30 year old men are still living at home????

2 seems a bit strange but there could be a reasonable explanation for it. I'm working with a guy who is late 20s and is living at home with his brother a couple of years younger than him. He just got divorced and from what he says his ex took everything including the house so... His brother is home one weekend a month if that, so he is just saving his money to buy a home rather than spending it on an apartment he would rarely use.

Cause they aren't yet men. If they were they'd have a place of their own.:dunno:

Depends, see above. Also I've lived with my parents twice in my adult life. Once was when I was working out of town and was home every other weekend just to see my son. My lease was getting ready to expire and my Dad asked why bother to renew it, just get a storage unit and stay with him on those weekends. :dunno:

The other time, I split a house with my Mom. I had just got custody of my son and worked midnights. I had someone to watch my son when I was at work, and she had a good bit of extra cash. The house was pretty much a duplex with a shared kitchen, as a matter of fact it was a duplex at one time. We split the costs with me paying a bit over half.

I never check mine, because I know it is loaded. It is part of the cleaning process. Unload, clean, reload and make sure one is in the chamber and the mag is topped off). Sort of weird thinking about someone sneaking around unloading someone else's pistol/revolver.

I don't either, for exactly the same reason.

I never used to either for the same reason. Until I went to clean the dust and lint out of it and found there wasn't one in the chamber. :n00b: I know when it happened. My son's gf was over and was curious about guns and had absolutely no experience with them. So I explained the 4 rules and then brought out a few to show her how they worked. One of them was my EDC. I put the magazine back in and forgot to chamber a round. I didn't do it right away because we were talking and I didn't feel like stopping to go to a safe location to do so.

Kinda what I was thinking. One should of been enough to show his buddy.

It does seem kinda strange doesn't it.

Do the "boys" live OFF you or are they on their own?
    Next, I don't know any way to ask nicely.....do you let these "boys" walk all over you as an every day thing? Sorry, but it sounds like these "boys" have absolutely NO respect for you and NO responsibility for themselves! I hope I'm wrong, but things don't sound right at YOUR (?) house!

No disrespect meant !

Good questions and it sounds like that to me also.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    One more thought, my kids know that I do NOT want them talking to people other than close family and very close friends about any guns I may have!
    Again, I really don't want to be rude, but you did put it out there. These "BOYS" need to learn the meaning of "respect" and "discretion"!!!!!

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    OP these are not your boys are they?

thumbnail.aspx

minx

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    SW Indiana
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I carry in a similar manner - Always, but shower and bed. I invite my kids to the range often, but typically they choose not to come. If they ever have the desire to bust a few caps, they are good. Everyone in the house could careless about the guns. There when we need them.

Still love my 13 year old girls question, "if someone breaks in and I have to shoot them, how many times?" (referring to rapist) My reply, "till the gun is empty." (referring to the .22)

Top Bottom