• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    I was always taught that a locked door is only enough protection to keep an honest man honest. I believe this to be very true.

KingWeb50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    Gun safes really arent that safe anyway because they have a very good rating for the front door but the other 5 sides are lesser quality a true six sided quality safe is a jewelery vault they are just a bit more expensive

ryanmercer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    Gun safes really arent that safe anyway because they have a very good rating for the front door but the other 5 sides are lesser quality a true six sided quality safe is a jewelery vault they are just a bit more expensive

If I ever own a home... It will have a basement, my safe will be in the basement, and I have always planned on building a cinder-block encasement around everything but the front, and then fitting the front with a nice steel door frame, and a good door... but I'm just a little weird.

Crystalship1

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    Oaklandon, IN.
    If I ever own a home... It will have a basement, my safe will be in the basement, and I have always planned on building a cinder-block encasement around everything but the front, and then fitting the front with a nice steel door frame, and a good door... but I'm just a little weird.

Not as weird as me, Ryan. I want to do the same thing, but I want the walls to be poured concrete over a "cage" of rebar!!!! :rockwoot: :yesway: :banana:
    :cheers:

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    Might want to build this outside of your house somewhere so that when the Bama Troops come knocking and you tell him your guns sank in the boating accident, they won't find a big vault door in your basement.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    "If somebody wants your stuff badly enough... they'll figure a way to get it".

quoted for truth. My dad had a very large safe completely stolen from his business probably 10 years ago. Figured it was an inside job by someone he had working there at the time. The used a winch of some kind to drag it out of the building then probably multiple people, and maybe that winch again, to load it into something. Never did find it, or any of the contents.

Top Bottom