• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    PSA has smoking sales, like the one right now on uppers. Under $200 for a M6721 upper? Very cool.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    PSA has smoking sales, like the one right now on uppers. Under $200 for a M6721 upper? Very cool.

Oh, they have smoking deals for sure. But is it really a sale? That page shows a price of $459.99 crossed out next to the supposed "sale" price of $189.99. I'm pretty sure I've seen their uppers consistently around the $200 mark every time I've checked their website, and if PSA has ever actually listed their own uppers at $459.99 for any length of time, they must've been on some strong stuff, or were just out of that upper at the moment and didn't actually want anyone to buy it.

I don't shop there very often though, so maybe my perception is off.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Looking at a S&W 622 years ago (1992 ish). Saw one at Dons Gun by Carmel when at their range. Week or so later bought one at the gun shop on the SW side heading to Mooresville. Next time at Dons Guns, I see he has it on sale. But the posted sales price was the normal price from my last visit there and the normal price was a marked up price. Still got it for less money from the gunshop on the SW side (It’s still in business, at least it was a few years ago when I was that way)

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Oh, they have smoking deals for sure. But is it really a sale? That page shows a price of $459.99 crossed out next to the supposed "sale" price of $189.99. I'm pretty sure I've seen their uppers consistently around the $200 mark every time I've checked their website, and if PSA has ever actually listed their own uppers at $459.99 for any length of time, they must've been on some strong stuff, or were just out of that upper at the moment and didn't actually want anyone to buy it.

Valid. Could be smoke and mirrors. TBH, I don't know.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Another alleged smoking hot "sale" for PSA complete lower dropped:

Judamonster

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 19, 2022
    Get on their mailing list-I get 2-3 emails per day and the best deals seem to come through there. Even in the emails there are alot of the "fake" sales, but I have seen ammo and pistols with free shipping or a better price than the website and it is worth checking.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I bought a couple of those $29.99 lowers and couldn't find the blemishes.
    Doubt if I'll ever see those prices on stripped lowers again.
    I remember that deal too. I actually put 3 in my cart as I was going to buy them.....till they wanted $32 shipping
    It was the same shipping price for 1, 3 or 5
    Pass

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I remember that deal too. I actually put 3 in my cart as I was going to buy them.....till they wanted $32 shipping
    It was the same shipping price for 1, 3 or 5
    Pass
    I don't recall paying anything for shipping.
    I'm sure I didn't pay $32 shipping.
    Maybe I got in on a limited time deal, but I was sure it was free shipping, or dirt cheap.
    I would have passed on it too if the shipping g were that steep.

Rebel Jack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 16, 2016
    North Liberty

This is what I alluded to earlier in the thread. The item in question has never been and likely never will be the slashed price, and given PSA is the manufacturer, they can post what ever slashed price they want. Why not $10,000 for an upper? That would be an insane deal, right? No. Because the upper isn’t worth $10,000. I wouldn’t even say it was worth $460. In my experience, their stuff works. But I won’t be writing home to Ma about it.

If an item is OOS, it won’t have a price listed at all. I’ve failed to jump on something in time, only to see both the slashed price, and the “deal” price both increased when it comes back. Once, it was to the tune of roughly $360 or thereabouts. I wonder if the OOS isn’t simply taking something offline for a price change, given enough time passes that folks don’t remember what it used to cost.

Top Bottom