• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HonkieKowboy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 14, 2018
    Lafayette
    No joke, I've carried an 1858 remington sheriff in an IWB holster (like those cheap nylon holsters with the metal clip) and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Try a good leather IWB, leather gives enough that you stop noticing it is there. I'm 5'9" and 243#. I have used Kramer https://www.kramerleather.com for about as long as they have been operating. Carred 1911's in one for many years. Started with a Government then went to an Officers .45 ACP, back to the Government Rail Gun to STI 6" 2011. I use a Kramer for my 1903 Hamerless .32 ACP that I have had about 30 years. Still works as good as the day I bought it. A hard holster hurts if you fall and land on it.
    What are your thoughts on the hybrid IWB like the Vedder Comfortuck?

Last edited:

warren5421

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 23, 2010
    Plainfield
    I have never used any hybrid holsters. Tried the plastic types and always went back to leather so stopped trying and just buy Kramers when a new one is needed.

Old Dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 4, 2016
    Central Indiana
    IWB gouges the crap out of me no matter where it is, so my gait would probably be affected from the limping and twisting I would be doing. I have to go OWB to get any comfort. I am curious what the effect of an ankle holster would do to our symmetry.

Pfcmaurx

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2021
    Jeffersonville
    I have a pedometer in my iPhone that measures among other things the asymmetry of my stride. With an OWB it indicates 0 asymmetry. Carrying with an IWB, on the other hand, I get a result of up to 2% asymmetry in my stride.
    Same walking course, comparable distance.
    Has anyone else seen anything similar?
    I have carried both IWB and OWB and have not noticed a difference. I’ll have to see if my iPhone indicates anything when I carry OWB vs IWB.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    The difference is likely how the pistol is pressed into your body. OWB just rides on your belt, the weight is not really significant. IWB, there is added pressure of the belt pressing the pistol against/into your body.

Top Bottom