Does BGF have a sight pushing tool in house?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'm pretty sure you are not doing full blown gunsmithing in-house, but was wondering anyway if you had a sight pusher that I could swap my rear sight on the CZ RAMI.

It originally came with an LPA agustable for some reason, and I finally got the fixed version from CZUSA recently. So I know it'll match the dovetail.

Was hoping to swap the rear sight only and rent a lane at the range to make sure it's hitting where it should.

If you do have one, what is the fee? Thanks.

BGFirearms

Plinker
    May 15, 2008
    3020 S.Emerson Ave.
    All my sight pushers are gun specific and I'm not sure if one of them will work on your CZ. I dont have a universal tool but I'm pretty sure Jeff of J&M gunsmithing might. I dont want you to make a waisted trip but if one of mine will work for you, then your more than welcome to use it. Thanks Greg

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Much appreciated. It wouldnt be a wasted trip - I'm pretty close. If it can't be done safely I'll understand completely.
    I'll still look forward to finally trying your range.

Thanks for the heads up.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Greg, thanks again for the great customer service.

I found a few firearms I might buy if they're still available, after I buy a few things for other people.

The range is great, the folks are great, and that dog is a heartmelter. It watches everything that goes on.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Jul 3, 2010
    Greg, thanks again for the great customer service.

I found a few firearms I might buy if they're still available, after I buy a few things for other people.

The range is great, the folks are great, and that dog is a heartmelter. It watches everything that goes on.

Ok, you left us all hanging... did the sight pusher work out?

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Sorry.

Greg provided four different pushers and no, they would not fit the RAMI with the LPA adjustable sight.

I ended up using a brass rod and mallet with the slide sandwiched between a nylon cutting board in a vice. I was kinda worried that it was going to be damaged, but it worked out fine.

Top Bottom