• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gingerbeardman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Anderson
    I used armslist for years and never had a bad encounter except for one or two no-shows. My favorite was when I was at Noblesville Cabela's and the other guy was at Hammond Cabela's LOL!! Anymore it's hardly worth my time, I think that star is slowly burning out.

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    We have 13 new members in the approval "Q" this morning. This is avg.
    Is the fading star of Armslist having anything to do with this influx...???
    Maybe. I initially joined this website after running a search for a rare firearm I was looking to buy. A member here had one for sale and we worked out a deal.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I looked again....16 in the "Q"

I would attribute half of these folks coming in to the Armslist thing. The new format for the other half.
    I'm more worried about the armslist half especially if they haven't gone to rehab before venturing out to a new site. This place could melt them down when they find out about the 50 rules and a $20 option in place.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I'm more worried about the armslist half especially if they haven't gone to rehab before venturing out to a new site. This place could melt them down when they find out about the 50 rules and a $20 option in place.
    They might be more surprised that the buyers on INGO are a little more price savvy than the typical armslister.

IndianaSlim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I like to hope the armlisters are just sliding over to gunbroker, but that’s probably not totally the case

Gingerbeardman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Anderson
    After reading this thread I was inspired to go check armslist and ended up buying a holster I was interested in, but not interested enough to buy new (in case I dislike it.) The guy must've been an INGO member cuz he was articulate, flexible and punctual. However, yesterday a friend showed me a new pistol he got so I jumped on there to see if there was ammo available and found the same gun listed used for more than new. The good old days of finding weird rare stuff on there for a decent price is fairly similar to the Indy 1500.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Many opt in for the $20 with little or no complaints.
    Many act like idiots and start posting guns/ammo in open forum from the get go.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I was on armslist today looking at Marlins and identified two scams right off the bat. Always do a google image search and that will typically lead you to where they stole the pictures.

Dentoro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Fairland
    I’ve not since they started charging. If it were yearly and reasonable charge I might. However as it stands their yearly charge would totally negate any saving might have for the 1 or 2 times I might engage in ads. Even then I rather use INGO first if at all possible.

led4thehed2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Oct 16, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I have never recieved a reply to any inquiry I've made. Seems like it was just a graveyard for old ads with items that had long been sold. I think they had an option to report inactive/old posts, and I ended up using that a lot. After a little while I realized it wasn't worth my time. INGO all the way.

mbaza3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Arizona
    I have recently found 9mm ammo on Armslist at a fair price given the current inflated market. The guns are way out of line much higher than buying new.

Master tech

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2021
    Indianapolis
    I tried it for a month after they started charging in hopes of it getting better, but it's still just old ads and overpriced stuff. Rarely did I ever get a response and if I did it was some b/s or they tried the old "it's sold but I haven't met the guy yet so if you want it for more $" crap. I have higher hopes for the INGO classified listings.

Top Bottom