Do you support land invasion against ISIS?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Commit U.S. troops to land invasion to fight ISIS?

• Total voters

paintman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Dec 3, 2011
    new castle indiana
    I vote yes but only if we can close it off to the media and destroy them in ways they never thought were possible. they need to be treated like a curable cancer and wiped out with no remorse.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I say no,...because my terms won't be met.
    1. Clear strategy for exit.
    2. Defined objective that includes total annihilation of the enemy until unconditional surrender.
    3. No pre-set end date.
    4. No embedded news coverage.
    5. Use of any and all available assets short of nuclear.
    6. No stupid ROE's.

Dirty Steve

Why do we even need to do anything? Let them battle it out.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    There should be boots on the ground, but there's no reason they need to be American boots and feet. Let the regional actors go and do the stomping for once. We're not the world police, nor should we be. It's past time for Turkey, Jordan, Saudi, the UAE and all the other regionals, (Israel included) to get their **** together and send THEIR people into harms way for once.

What is considered a victory?

The fact that we even ask that questions...and we do, means that we're in no position to go to war.
    :+1:

I voted NO for U.S. troops going.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I agree. Because I'm a free market kind of guy, I would also support trading guns for oil while we're at it.

So am I free to make $9000 deposits no questions asked? Am I free to sell guns to cop killers? Or does only the government get to play in the free market?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Interesting that at least 2 want to deny the first amendment as a condition of going to war. Since an honest case can't be made, me must hide or lie about it.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Oil is too cheap. If we're going to get into the arms trade with people it should be solid gold bullion. Not a crappy commodity like oil. All those folks over there have nice gold reserves. Let them dip into them to pay our arms manufacturers.

Gold works too.

PINski1015

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2011
    Cyberspace
    Observation here, but do you guys really think that if this War Powers Act fails he won't just go around congress and send the boots in anyway? There is literally nothing stopping him from doing that. He's proven time and time again with every unconstitutional act and executive order that congress is just a place holder.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    Not without a clear objective and the ability to do whatever is needed to get the job done. We won't have either with this or the next administration.

We've already got boots on the ground and in the air providing direct air support and security for high profile locations. What are we going to do, re-take the same land we bled for once already?

Honestly, let the locals be the boots on the ground since they have the political freedoms to fight these animals the way they need to be fought. This variety of slime doesn't respond to arrests and niceties. They respond to beheadings and brutality that we can't afford.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    How about boots on our ground shipping all those middle east lovers who hate America off of our soil and let the middle east people fight out their battles between themselves?

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Yes what ever it takes. But with the stipulation that the generals think it is doable and with any and all action under their control and their control only...NO POLITICS

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    I wouldn't authorize the Liar-In-Chief the 'power' to walk his dog.

Undoubtedly, this yabo would only use his new-found 'war powers' to return more captured terrorists back to the battlefield to perpetrate war against the U.S.

1861navy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2013
    No, we have been bogged down in this unwinnable war for far too long. Our brave men and women are tired, they deserve the rest. Why do I call this war unwinnable?. We are fighting an idea, not people, not a country. Sure ISIS and other groups are people but it's their ideology that we are fighting/want to fight. This ideology is held by many people around the globe, making it impossible to beat, unless of course we turned several countries to parking lots.

The last thing the US needs is to continue to police the world. We stick our nose where it doesn't belong all too often acting like we are saviors and purveyors of freedom to the world. We allow excuses for those in power to drag us off to war, then complain about their actions because those in power often do not serve us or keep our best interest at heart. So NO.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    War now. We'll half assed ask those questions later.
    The fact that we even ask that questions...and we do, means that we're in no position to go to war.

We went to Afghanistan to oust the Taliban and AQ. Then the mission mutated into nation building, establishing democracy, protecting women's rights, etc. and when we walked away there was very little clear about our victory. Sure we killed more of them than they killed of ours, but we ended up in a negotiated political settlement with the group we went in to keep out of power.
    If there were actually some concrete goals for us to achieve to declare victory I would be more sympathetic towards military action. As it is this looks like another open ended war against an ideology that will drag on indefinitely.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Time to return the ME to the status of a bunch of angry tribal men shaking their fists impotently at the sky. We don't need to do anything but isolate them, make sure they can't come here (even electronically), and leave them to their own devices.

So, economic and cyber warfare...nukes if needed. They should fear our taking note of their pitiful existence like it was the wrath of god.

Not that I expect anything good from the administration of traitors.

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    No, we have been bogged down in this unwinnable war for far too long. Our brave men and women are tired, they deserve the rest. Why do I call this war unwinnable?. We are fighting an idea, not people, not a country. Sure ISIS and other groups are people but it's their ideology that we are fighting/want to fight. This ideology is held by many people around the globe, making it impossible to beat, unless of course we turned several countries to parking lots.

The last thing the US needs is to continue to police the world. We stick our nose where it doesn't belong all too often acting like we are saviors and purveyors of freedom to the world. We allow excuses for those in power to drag us off to war, then complain about their actions because those in power often do not serve us or keep our best interest at heart. So NO.

+100 he took the words right outta my mouth.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I see only one way to win it. Go at it as hard as possible, no rules, no limitations. Eradicate this threat for good. Get it over with so the world can move on. Will this happen? Of course not!! This country has lost its will to actually fight and win a war. There are too many people now that live in their bubble and dont care one bit what happens over there. They honestly dont think it will ever affect them. If these people are allowed to become huge and control the middle east, it will be horrible for every single country on the earth. We either take care of it now and great cost, or let it ride and pay the ultimate cost.
    The whole of Western Civilization has lost the will to fight a war like that. Until the day comes when our existence is actually threatened I imagine it will stay that way. People have no stomach for the realities of war.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Fighting these groups with no particular "homeland" is incompatible with the way we fight wars. We grab land and they simply move, so there's no tangible progress. Instead, things devolve into a war by numbers, and that hasn't worked every time we've tried it since 'Nam.

Let Jordan take care of it. They seem pretty keen to kick some ass.
    If the countries surrounding them would all move against them, they would have no where to move.

Turkey, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Saudi Arabia and what is left of Syria could easily crush this group if they worked together. Of course they would actually HAVE to work together.

Top Bottom