• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    I have started to pay attention to what people are wearing, and thought I would ask if you 'advertise'? Unknowingly wearing or displaying something that might get you made.

Do you wear an NRA hat? Have a 'Got Sig?' sticker on the back of your truck? Wear a 'Glock > *' t-shirt? Have an AR15.com sticker on your truck? etc.

If I see someone wearing an NRA hat or t-shirt, I look to see if I can tell whether they are carrying or not. Whenever I see someone wearing an oversize Hawaiian shirt, I look to see if they are carrying as well. Small things along these lines, that if someone were in the know, then they would know who and what to look for.

cougar_guy04

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    Lookin' for Galt's Gulch
    Not anymore. When I was at Rose, it seemed like I always had my XD hat, KAC hat or Kimber shirt on.

Now that I'm in the real world, where the people aren't so friendly, no way no how if I can help it. All my Glock/Kimber/Springfield/etc. shirts are just sitting in the dresser drawer. The only thing that could get me "made" now is that I'll wear 5.11 pants or shirts every now and then and the only sticker on my car is advertising my alma mater.

Anymore, I'm trying to stay as low on the radar as possible. No sense in drawing anymore attention to myself than needed.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    It depends on the advertising in question. I'll wear a ball cap that advertises my range. It's understated, though, so likely not noticed much. Much more "advertising" is the fact that I do speak up on gun issues and have lobbied the state legislature and Congress, including testifying before the former. I'm not ashamed that I carry, but by the same token, I'm not going to OC either, unless I have a good reason to do so. (I'll still lobby for those who choose to do so, however.)

Is that advertising? You tell me. :)

Blessings,
    B

Bigum1969

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    SW Indiana
    I don't have any firearm branded clothing, but I do always look to see if I can spot someone else CC. I pay special atttention to the baggy button up shirts.

I wouldn't have a problem wearing branded clothing, I just don't own any. Maybe I should change that?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Generally speaking, I don't wear any branded clothing except maybe a ball cap. Almost all of my shirts are plain. I don't put bumper stickers on my car. In fact, I get annoyed when the dealer puts their dealership license plate frame on or a dealer decal on the trunk. I don't even like when the manufacturer puts "Fuel Injection" or other badges (including the make and model) anywhere on the car.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    When I was younger, I thought it was cool to wear all the latest gun clothes, but any more, it's "grey man" for me. Every once in a while, I'll wear a Microtech ball cap, but 95% of the GP would just thiknk it was a computer company.

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    When I was younger, I thought it was cool to wear all the latest gun clothes, but any more, it's "grey man" for me. Every once in a while, I'll wear a Microtech ball cap, but 95% of the GP would just thiknk it was a computer company.
    They're like Ino-tech, right? :thumbsup:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    My range bag doubles as my overnight bag, so I guess when I go anywhere I'm advertising "Smith & Wesson".
    Other than that, I have sunglasses that are actually safety glasses and they advertise Beretta, Remington, Smith & Wesson, and Winchester.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    I don't have any firearm branded clothing, but I do always look to see if I can spot someone else CC. I pay special atttention to the baggy button up shirts.

I wouldn't have a problem wearing branded clothing, I just don't own any. Maybe I should change that?

I carry more times then not with just a t-shirt over my iwb XD45C. I have some button up shirts but I wouldn't call them baggy. My wife has to feel for the gun because she can't tell I'm strong side carrying. I have also tried to "make" people carrying as well and to date that would be a strong 0% effectiveness.
    Branded clothing is not something I wear but I wouldn't be opposed to it. InGunowners hat gets to go to more places then just the range.

Lars

Rifleman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Cedar Creek, TX
    I don't worry about what I'm wearing so much.

INGO hat, HK Hats, or HK Polos.
    I think I've even got a shirt similar to this
    mlm16.jpg

I do not have NRA stickers on the cars or the house however.

dblagent

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Bloomington
    Nope, I do not own a single firearm related piece of clothing personally. Might wear to the range if I had some, but I think I never will other than maybe hats. I do not wear hats except for the range or woods and I'm not concerned there.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    My range bag doubles as my overnight bag, so I guess when I go anywhere I'm advertising "Smith & Wesson".
    Other than that, I have sunglasses that are actually safety glasses and they advertise Beretta, Remington, Smith & Wesson, and Winchester.
    WOW I never thought of that. I have a Midway Range bag and that would make the prefect overnight bag. Now to the question: I never worn any gun related clothes. I don't have any stickers on my car. I was never into Promo Clothing or Hats for any company. I done wear an NRA T-Shirt sometimes, but if I am carrying than I don't wear it.

pmpmstrb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    I'm pretty sure I made someone a couple months ago during a birthing class I was taking with the wife, although he didn't have a gun on him. How many people wear a gun belt, 5.11 Tac pants and 5.11 Tac boots and don't carry. C'mon who wants to disagree with me on this.

Top Bottom