• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Summary: oil companies inject CO2 into the ground to extract more oil from wells. Occidental Petroleum (OXY) is supposedly one of the leaders in this. They are now doing a project to capture CO2 in the air, inject it underground, and keep it there. This is supposed to help with 'carbon neutral' energy. I don't know if it will and don't care, that's not the point of this thread.

I suspect that, like Tesla, carbon credits will be a profit center for them. Unlike Tesla, I'm betting this segment will grow more. I'm buying a bit of OXY as a small bet that it may take off. I think they are too big to really explode, so to speak, but they are also big enough to eat it if this falls through. I normally like stocks that pay a better dividend (roughly 1.5% for OXY) but I'm willing to place a little gamble on this.

We'll see if I lose my lunch money or retire with eleventybajillion dollars, but I'm guessing somewhere in the middle. :D

jagee

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Concrete industry has been doing this for a few years. It's a joke. They say they can reduce the amount of cement and maintain same strength plus the bonus of "disposing" of bad carbon gasses in a way that doesn't harm the environment.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    <- Link

Berkshire Hathaway apparently things Oxy is a good buy as well. No idea if it's because of the direct air carbon capture or some other reasons.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Rich people getting richer by demonizing the building block of life. The response by some citizenry, "I'ma gonna git ritch twos". Compounding wealth on the backs of people who exhale. It's hard to bet against Warren Buffett's choice of investments, though. Hhmm...

Top Bottom