• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    for the amount I load and the amount of times I have bought and sold presses, what I listed is the perfect set up (for me), and what I personally think makes the life of a loader on a 550 better! I wouldn't say that everyone NEEDs those upgrades, they are just really nice to have. For me, I couldn't imagine not at this point. Since the list of stuff I put up will run you quite a bit more money, those can all be added over time, esp the uniquetec stuff.

Exactly, I run three Dillons, a 450, 550 and a 650 for 30 years, I have managed to get buy without any of the needed upgrades.
    I don't have any of the below upgrades, and my presses still go zoom zoom..
    But I have read here that if you add a bullet feeder to a 650 you can load 2,000 rounds in 2 hours.. :dunno:

From Uniquetek
    -Micrometer Powder Bar Kit for every powder drop
    -Turbo Bearing
    -Light-Load Shellplate Illuminator
    -550 Spent Primer Chute
    -Precision Powder Baffle

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    I run 2 550s, one set up for large primers and one set up for small. I also keep my dies set up and ready to go complete with powder measures, make caliber change very fast and, more importantly to me, very easy. Remember you don't have to buy everything at once but can build your kit over time, my reloading kit was started by my father and both of us have built things up as we added calibers. Dad is gone now but his teachings have served me very well over the years.

f2f43cb4-b843-4969-b9dc-51d0440e15aa_zps92327701.jpg

deseag007

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2016
    Lawrence (Indy)
    No set hours yet, but typically around the shop Tue-Sat 10:30ish to at least 6.

More than likely I (Kimball) will be answering the phone.
    Thanks everyone for the input and especially Kimball as I spoke with him for about 20 minutes yesterday and had him quote me out a setup. Today I stopped in and purchased one from him ... Waiting on the press to ship but was told all that info yesterday. While there I also picked up some powder and bullets for the setup. Now just patiently watching the calander and get ready for load a pa lusa 2016! Thanks again to everyone for their suggestions and a big thanks to Kimball for all your time and help the last 2 days.

Top Bottom