• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    178   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    I have contacted Dillon about it, they don't have an answer for me as of yet.

I have 2 other (older) feeders that do not have this issue.
    Newer variable speed feeder, spp plate & no spacer underneath. Frequently get a case jammed between the plate & bowl as pictured, sometimes will clear & shoot several feet.

Anyone else experience this & have a resolution? I did some searching & the only thing I was finding on other forums was to get a DAA turbo plate.

2024-03-26 22.53.02.jpg

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I would first suggest that you close the door some, its interesting that your stainless door has a screw stop on it.
    I have three Dillon case feeders and only two have that stainless door and neither of them have that thumb screw. Pictures to follow
    The only cases I ever have that issue with are 7.62x39.
    I wonder what Andy has to say. @Aszerigan

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    178   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    Dillon suggested for me to remove the stainless guide (tried that already), then suggested I use the DAA turbo plate.

The "official response", their machines were designed to be hand operated & that is why this is occuring (on a rollsizer).

I'm not sure the guy I talked to agreed with the engineer, but that is what came from their engineering dept.

I may fiddle with it a bit, cut a wooden block to put in place as a wedge to push any case riding on another out of the way.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    What caliber is that?

I will be at my shop in a bit, "Steve Wilkos is on now" I will take pics of my first case feeder that came on the then new 650 machine.
    When Im running 7.62x39 I bend a heavy paperclip so it pops out any cases that are not rim first when crossing the drop opening. I put it a few inches past the opening, if not in maybe 2 min all the cases will be in backwards and noting will drop in the case tube.

I don't think I ave ever heard of this DAA Turbo plate???

But I am getting ready to call Dillon and order two and maybe three of that slotted door you have. I finely found them on Dillons parts page for the 750. :banana:

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    178   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    Mine didn't come with a block, one guy at Dillon said they didn't recommend it for 9mm, I don't know that I agree.

May pull one from one of my other feeders & see how the next batch runs.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Mine didn't come with a block, one guy at Dillon said they didn't recommend it for 9mm, I don't know that I agree.

May pull one from one of my other feeders & see how the next batch runs.
    Thats interesting, Thats what I would try. if it works call Dillon and tell them one of yours is loose and worn out. When I called about ordering a few of these stainless tab assy she was going to give me all of themI asked for. I laughed and then ordered a few decapper ends for a 223 carbide sizer.
    Two replacement pins and shipping were 26 bucks. I believe I paid for all of it to be shipped.

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    336   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    My 1100 in 9mm has case binding issues. The whole feeder plate gets bound up a lot. Just jammed and it stops feeding. Need to find the time to get up in there and see what’s going on.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Its the brand new, current version - variable speed, etc. Came with the Dillon 1100 I got in Jan.
    All three of mine have that white block on the feeder. I've never had the problem with 9mm with any of my feeders. I have problems with 7.62x39 jamming up like the op's 9mm but upside down with the neck first.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Faff
    Top Bottom