• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Alright now I have this HUGE box in my living room and am going to start reloading. I have dies for 9mm and 30-06. Does anyone have a list of parts I need? Powder scale, case legnth guage. I don't know what else I need but have the reloader.

strongcrow

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy Central
    Powder scale (digital is best) calipers for OAL (digital is easier), I have a crimp die for the last station, brass, powder, primers, bullets, that's about it to get started, I'm sure you'll accumulate lots more in the coming time. Of course you need a place to set it all up. Have fun, be careful of your powder loads.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    are you a beginning reloader or a veteran? if this is your first shot at reloading, then i recommend getting one of you more experienced friends to sit in on your first couple of sessions. learning the process on a progressive press can be a bit frustrating.

otoh, the 650 is super. i've had 2, down to one, and can't speak highly enough of them. up to 800 rounds/hour of .45acp. at that rate i can even keep up with rhino's ammo consumption.

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    +1 to obijohn. Progeressives take some fine tuneing and need to be kept clean to function smoothly. Be prepaired for lots of Oh-sh### when starting out. Read the directions and watch the widio if you have it. Set it up one station at a time till you have gone all around. Once they are set and kept clean they are good to go. Primer feed can be finicky on adjustment. After you've had it appart a few times, you will see how it is designed to work and can get the fine tuneing better.

Top Bottom