• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vilage.Idiot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2012
    Does Indiana issue the same LTCH regardless if it is a 4 year or a lifetime?
    The reason I ask is because Mrs. Idiot works in a capacity where she needs to verify identity through two forms of state issued ID,s and she said the other day she was handed a yellow Indiana LTCH. And she knows mine is pink. So that brought up the question. Does anyone know or did this guy just run out of pink paper when making his photocopies?

Vilage.Idiot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2012
    I asked the same question about no photo she said it is a residency thing as as long as drivers license and LTCH agree it is acceptable. Even though addy on LTCH may not agree with the addy on the drivers license it still proves ( enough for them) that the customer is a Indiana resident

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    As far as I know, the only difference has been that the 4-yr licenses had an expiration date, while the lifetime licenses had no expiration date (blank in that area of the license).

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    As far as I know, the only difference has been that the 4-yr licenses had an expiration date, while the lifetime licenses had no expiration date (blank in that area of the license).

This. I still have the old paper LTCH and where the expiration date would go on a 4 year is blank because I got the lifetime many years ago.

I asked the same question about no photo she said it is a residency thing as as long as drivers license and LTCH agree it is acceptable. Even though addy on LTCH may not agree with the addy on the drivers license it still proves ( enough for them) that the customer is a Indiana resident

For FFL purposes we can use a current LTCH as secondary ID (and I have). I wouldn't take one that was yellow though.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    For FFL purposes we can use a current LTCH as secondary ID (and I have). I wouldn't take one that was yellow though.

I can see that. If it were pink, you probably wouldn't have cause to think it's not original. Different color, even if valid then you're sure it's not an original.
    Not entirely sure why you'd bother to use a different color. If it's obviously a copy, why not plain old white?

:dunno: What? Does that make me a racist?

Top Bottom