• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Squid556

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 26, 2022
    Wabash Co.
    This is outside my normal content that I like to put on INGO... But it had a significant impact on me. Its too good for people not to know about it.

A few months ago a strong up and coming singer songwriter , Vincent Neil Emerson wrote this song. It came across my normal playlists and I was immediately hooked.

So the story is of a desperate and dying tribe of natives in the West. They were once prosperous but no longer are. The land had been taken over by invaders and over time had pushed this group to nearing extinction.

Video version. Lyric at end of post

With compliance no longer working , an apparently influential medicine man in the tribe comes up with this idea of a special yellow paint that he would put on people to give them super human abilities like invincibility and impermeable courage. All in an effort to rally the remaining natives against the obviously superior invading force. The results being devastating for the invaders.

th-2868978086.jpg
    Well it really got me thinking about how powerful the mind is. I've heard about Japanese soldiers that never stopped fighting after WW2 ended. The Emperor was so effective at convincing people that there were some imperial soldiers still "fighting" all the way into the 1960s and 70s.

In the story, the medicine man doesn't really give people super powers, but he convinces them that it will.... And the warrior defeats a force many times larger than himself. I find it fascinating that humans are capable of such things if our mind is in the right place to allow that. On INGO we tend to fret over tools, but often forget that the mind is the greatest tool.

Obviously not without faith, It makes me think we could use a few figurative medicine men today to motivate us to purge this evil that has been infiltrating our society.

Its a powerful listen. Gives me chills every time I do.

Top Bottom