• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    If I had the money, I'd but two - Just because. But we have to eat.
    He had taken quite a few orders so far. :yesway:

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Even though Wilson has admitted in some of his interviews that he's doing it just to poke the bear and not because he truly believes in the cause, it's still fun to sit back and watch the would-be controllers fall to pieces living in a world of their own creation - a world which can no longer be controlled; a world in which there is no hope of total control ever again.
    :popcorn:
    Try raiding Ares Armor when anyone in the world with a little plastic can defy you, ATF. Watch how ineffectual you have become, you would-be controllers: this is no longer your world.

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Can you cite this please:

"and not because he truly believes in the cause"

That seems rather inconsistent with the interviews I have read and seen.

hd96heritage

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2014
    Wheat-tucky
    I stumbled over the ad for this and was watching earlier today. awesome! i love how they used the anti ghost gunner media propaganda shots! def poking the bear! as i'm sure you all know this DIY receiver building technology has been around quite a while but this CNC machine is wayyy cool for those who can afford it

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Can you cite this please:

"and not because he truly believes in the cause"

That seems rather inconsistent with the interviews I have read and seen.

He has stated in more than one interview - especially in his VICE interview - that he cares about the Second Amendment and the right of self-defense only insofar as it furthers his anarchist goals. He has literally said so: even if I paraphrased, I am not misconstruing his meaning. Check out his interviews, with VICE and others, and tell me you honestly get any impression to the contrary. He's an excellent theorist and propagandist and self-promoter, but he is clearly doing as he is doing to poke the bear and promote his cause - anarchy - not because he genuinely believes all people bearing arms is the primary objective.

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    He has stated in more than one interview - especially in his VICE interview - that he cares about the Second Amendment and the right of self-defense only insofar as it furthers his anarchist goals. He has literally said so: even if I paraphrased, I am not misconstruing his meaning. Check out his interviews, with VICE and others, and tell me you honestly get any impression to the contrary. He's an excellent theorist and propagandist and self-promoter, but he is clearly doing as he is doing to poke the bear and promote his cause - anarchy - not because he genuinely believes all people bearing arms is the primary objective.

I misread your statement then or it was ambiguous.

He believes in the cause that he is fighting for at least that is consistant with what I have seen.

But yes his cause is not the same cause as this forum. Though I believe they are compatible.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    That is a seriously cool tool. I wonder about the legality of shared ownership of a tool like that. My understanding of the 80% rule is that you have to complete the last 20% yourself. If 10 guys chipped in for one and got together on a Saturday to crank out a bunch of lowers, does that meet the requirement of having completed it themselves? I guess the guy that presses the 'start' button on the laptop would ultimately be the guy to complete the lower, so it should be good.

It could test the limits of the 80% rule if someone were to sell lowers by selling someone the 80% lower, chucking it into the CNC machine and then having the new owner press start a couple of times.

No matter though, as I'd still love to buy one of these.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    That is a seriously cool tool. I wonder about the legality of shared ownership of a tool like that. My understanding of the 80% rule is that you have to complete the last 20% yourself. If 10 guys chipped in for one and got together on a Saturday to crank out a bunch of lowers, does that meet the requirement of having completed it themselves? I guess the guy that presses the 'start' button on the laptop would ultimately be the guy to complete the lower, so it should be good.

It could test the limits of the 80% rule if someone were to sell lowers by selling someone the 80% lower, chucking it into the CNC machine and then having the new owner press start a couple of times.

No matter though, as I'd still love to buy one of these.

Those are the same questions that I have. I like it and if the legality is made clear to me, I'd be interested in participating with some others.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    It shouldn't matter who owns the machine, but who does the work. There were a couple of articles in the past year or so that referenced a shop in California that would sell you an 80% lower the walk you through the steps to load the machine and then start it. Pretty sure they are still in business.

THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    It shouldn't matter who owns the machine, but who does the work. There were a couple of articles in the past year or so that referenced a shop in California that would sell you an 80% lower the walk you through the steps to load the machine and then start it. Pretty sure they are still in business.

That is a pretty cool idea. Anyone know of a place like this in Indiana?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Those are the same questions that I have. I like it and if the legality is made clear to me, I'd be interested in participating with some others.

How would it not be as borrowing a friend's hand tools or driving over to your father's friend's lathe in making your own firearm?

If you are the one making the firearm (and not a prohibited person, making only Title I, etc.), how is what interest you hold in the tools (0% to 100%) controlling?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    How would it not be as borrowing a friend's hand tools or driving over to your father's friend's lathe in making your own firearm?

If you are the one making the firearm (and not a prohibited person, making only Title I, etc.), how is what interest you hold in the tools (0% to 100%) controlling?

I believe you are correct, but I would at least like to run the scenarios before buying in.

BrewerGeorge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Plainfield
    Speaking to a few of my friends who are machinists, I was told that tool does not look particularly durable long-term. It's missing things like lubrication that they say will adversely affect precision and durability. Both of them said that one would be lucky to get enough useful lowers from it to recoup its cost vs just buying them before it needed repair or replacement.

I have no real knowledge of this myself, mind, I'm just passing on hearsay.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Speaking to a few of my friends who are machinists, I was told that tool does not look particularly durable long-term. It's missing things like lubrication that they say will adversely affect precision and durability. Both of them said that one would be lucky to get enough useful lowers from it to recoup its cost vs just buying them before it needed repair or replacement.

I have no real knowledge of this myself, mind, I'm just passing on hearsay.

With good quality pre made, name brand receivers. For 40-50$ and 80% lowers costing more than that cost surely isn't the driver.

I might be interested in their next version.

Top Bottom