• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    According to the non-partisan Congressional Budget Office, the Democrat Care law, AKA the Affordable Care Act, will convince over 2 million people to switch from full time work to part time work because the subsidies for healthcare increase as income goes down. This is in addition to those who will be forced into part time work by employers who don't want to provide healthcare.
    This will, of course, increase the national debt and reduce economic growth.
    Welcome to the downward spiral.

Health-care law will prompt over 2 million to quit jobs or cut hours, a CBO report says - The Washington Post

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I hate the ACA as much as anyone, but to this point, no one has come up with any thoughts on what to do about it. What I have heard so far are horror stories and theories on how things are going to get worse. Someone give me some legitimate input on how to kill that thing and I am in!

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I hate the ACA as much as anyone, but to this point, no one has come up with any thoughts on what to do about it. What I have heard so far are horror stories and theories on how things are going to get worse. Someone give me some legitimate input on how to kill that thing and I am in!

Unfortunately, we have to change the content of congress and the white house to do that.
    The Republicans have several plans to replace and/or alter Democare to make it workable.

HmDBrian

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    valparaiso
    This is nothing new. Heard about this a long time ago. Yet , alot of the sheeple thought obamacare was here to save us all. SMH.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

Unfortunately, we have to change the content of congress and the white house to do that.
    The Republicans have several plans to replace and/or alter Democare to make it workable.

:nono:
    We have to get rid of the :sheep: in the nation.
    Your image is about the only way of doing it.
    Way too many people have the 'entitlement mentality' that the .gov should give them everything.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    This conclusion from the CBO (which is typically rosey with its forecasts) is patently obvious to anyone with a working knowledge of economics.

People have been deluded into thinking that ideology can overcome reality. It doesn't work for either side of the isle.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis

There are plenty of alternatives that have been proposed.

Also, the White House is fighting to make this good news... saying that people will no longer be trapped, or stuck working long hours.

Because somehow people working less is good for the country.

Top Bottom