• ...and so much more!
  • wildcatfan.62

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 9, 2011
    South Bend
    Some of the prohibited items from the list in the article
    Prohibited items include: weapons of any kind (hockey sticks included);and balloons.

I'd like to hear the story on the hockey sticks, and who got pi$$ed off enough to ban balloons??????

I do think we're starting to see more of this type of defacto control. The "violence tax" in Seattle, the revoking of reciprocity rights in VA, the bill proposed in NY on ammo purchases, and don't get started on the great state of Calif. We better stay strong and united, just saying....

jenoble99

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 15, 2014
    S.IN
    I have no intention of going to either place in Evansville, but will make the same argument that I made when it was announced that the Yum center was installing metal detectors. Now the criminal element will know that folks walking to/from their cars will be unarmed and easy pickings for the ones who wish to rob or worse those folks when they are going to or leaving the facility. Will be interesting to see if a suit gets filed against these facilities when someone is killed, injured, or raped in their parking areas because they were forced to go unarmed.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Some of the prohibited items from the list in the article
    Prohibited items include: weapons of any kind (hockey sticks included);and balloons.

I'd like to hear the story on the hockey sticks, and who got pi$$ed off enough to ban balloons??????

I do think we're starting to see more of this type of defacto control. The "violence tax" in Seattle, the revoking of reciprocity rights in VA, the bill proposed in NY on ammo purchases, and don't get started on the great state of Calif. We better stay strong and united, just saying....

This kind of crap, started, in 1968, and it has taken this long, for some people to wake up .....

WAKE UP, people !!!!!

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Isn't the ford center owned by the city? and if so how can they have these restrictions?

That is an excellent question for which I can offer no explanation other than that the Evansville city government seems to have bought both the textbook and the Cliff's notes from Chicago and are doing a convincing job of putting both into action.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    According to Wikipedia it is owned by the city of Evansville. I guess they still have taxpayer money left to give away.

Yes, built and owned by the same city of Evansville that could have had a safe and workable sewer system for the money spent on the Ford Center, and not be paying EPA fines because you can't flush the crapper while it's raining without untreated waste getting dumped into the river.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Meh, company goes to city leadership and offers new security do-dads for a big fee. Leadership gets some goodies under the table, all arranged by the connected law firm that really runs the city and makes the decisions, which also takes a cut. Leadership brays about making things safe, media reflects and magnifies the decision. Taxes go up. Repeat.

Legal corruption 101

Always follow the money

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Any updates since the city does own the Ford Center?

Other than the probability that they just won't get the law driven through their thick heads and Guy Relford will probably end up making a career out of the City of Evansville before it's all said and done?

Top Bottom