• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimmy0315

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2011
    Kokomo
    I am setting in the deer stand woundering if anyone else names the squirrels that run around next to you.

So far this session I have named almost every one of them around me. And I now we are friends.

There is Frank, Steve, Little John, and of course there girl friends.

meyer4589

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Feb 25, 2011
    Highland, IN
    I can relate, sometimes the squirrels are the only things that you see up in the stand. There is this one squirrel that hangs out by my stand, he looks like a football he is so fat.

Constructionist

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Any time someone asks me where to look for squirrels, I don't mention certain times of day or types of trees. I simply tell them to go deer hunting.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I hate squirrels and I'm starting to dislike woodpeckers.

Truth.

There was a really awesome little woodpecker that I was watching in the stand about 5 yds to my right on a rotting tree. Probably trying to find a place to sleep. He was pretty awesome.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I hate squirrels and I'm starting to dislike woodpeckers.

^^^^this^^^^

I am a 6 foot, 200 pound grown a$$ man. I have a full man beard and while deer hunting, look like a realtree freakin ninja, packing a .458 SOCOM AR rifle and a .44 mag on my right hip in case the she-it gets real. I'm not sayin I'm a bad-a$$ or anything, but if I ran across someone in the woods who looked like me, I'd give 'em a wide berth.

In spite of all this, I am constantly harassed by bushy tailed tree rats. I don't speak tree rat, but I'm pretty sure they are saying something like, "Hey deer, look out, he's sitting right here!" Or, "Why don't cha back on up outta my acorn patch biatch!" The one little sucker will come within 5-6 feet of me and bark his little head off, I'm pretty sure he is sayin something about my mother, or my ethnic background, but I can't be sure.

We are also blessed to have one of these living in our woods...

220px-PileatedWoodpeckerFeedingonTree.jpg

When he opens up, it sounds like the beginning of Saving Private Ryan. And they can do about as much damage to a tree as the MG-42 that they sound llike.

Sorry for the rant, but I've been holding that in since opening day of gun season. It's good to have a safe place to go to get things off our chest. I feel better already.:D

michaeladkins

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 29, 2012
    Indy
    No, I can't say I name them. I do think about shooting them all the time, then I come back to reality and know I will get much more meat from a deer if I just stay still. Well, and get lucky! :-)

Jimmy0315

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2011
    Kokomo
    ^^^^this^^^^

I am a 6 foot, 200 pound grown a$$ man. I have a full man beard and while deer hunting, look like a realtree freakin ninja, packing a .458 SOCOM AR rifle and a .44 mag on my right hip in case the she-it gets real. I'm not sayin I'm a bad-a$$ or anything, but if I ran across someone in the woods who looked like me, I'd give 'em a wide berth.

In spite of all this, I am constantly harassed by bushy tailed tree rats. I don't speak tree rat, but I'm pretty sure they are saying something like, "Hey deer, look out, he's sitting right here!" Or, "Why don't cha back on up outta my acorn patch biatch!" The one little sucker will come within 5-6 feet of me and bark his little head off, I'm pretty sure he is sayin something about my mother, or my ethnic background, but I can't be sure.

We are also blessed to have one of these living in our woods...

220px-PileatedWoodpeckerFeedingonTree.jpg

When he opens up, it sounds like the beginning of Saving Private Ryan. And they can do about as much damage to a tree as the MG-42 that they sound llike.

Sorry for the rant, but I've been holding that in since opening day of gun season. It's good to have a safe place to go to get things off our chest. I feel better already.:D

Wow. That has to be the best response ever. :-)

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom